No one will listen to your ideas, no one will appreciate your work and you will certainly not get the raise you might deserve.
Basically, it all comes down to a simple question – what’s the point of listening to someone who doesn’t want to communicate with their customers? You will literally be invisible and no one will know you. Social media marketing, when done properly, will help your business flourish.
There are tons of strategies that every marketer should know, a ton of tips from professionals, thousands of articles online and tutorials. The basic information is literally only a click away. There are also innovative, fresh marketing strategies available for some of the most popular social media platforms, including Facebook.
Let’s see some of the best ones:
- Create a community of followers
You login to your Facebook account and see that your fan page has just reached 10,000 followers. Great! It’s an impressive number, even for medium-sized companies, and you should be proud of it. But, and there is always a but, Facebook is changing rapidly. In 2015, the social media giant launched a new organic search tool and viewing feature which received multiple upgrades.
Most users follow hundreds, if not thousands of Facebook fan pages and, thanks to this change, will only get a feed from just a few. Your company’s page may simply be absent from their feed, so your followers will just be followers, not a responsive, engaged community.
Basically, in the years to come, the concept of fan page followers will be completely different. Just having a large number of followers may not be so impressive after all. The key is to get your messages, videos, and photos on their feed – a thing that will require a completely new way of interacting with your followers.
Try to spice up your posts, add something funny every day. Use funny pictures, animals, children, humorous taglines, and short jokes. Some marketers also suggest chatting directly with your followers: ask questions, post short messages about current events, discuss trends, news or make an interesting infographic.
- Follow trendsetters and niche influencers
Every industry, whether we are talking about a doughnut shop or a travel company, has important influencers and trendsetters. They participate in most conferences, they share valuable content, have connections in the industry and, most importantly, have a huge following. People listen to what they have to say and always want to hear more.
What you should do is simple: connect with them and share what they have to say. However, don’t just simply share their posts – instead, try to mix in your opinion as well. Try to get them to like you and more people will like you as well.
Get noticed by the people who do matter in the industry, get the latest ideas, trends, and developments. Your business will grow immensely, and you will get new followers in no time. Follow these simple steps to start this strategy:
- make a list of influencers – Include at least 5 important figures in your industry. You can find them in magazines, videos, podcasts, blogs or industry meetings and conferences
- like comment and re-share their posts – Don’t go overboard with this, you shouldn’t like all their posts. Instead, like posts that are truly valuable and interesting. Hit the like and favorite buttons at least twice a week to get the best results.
- chat with them – this strategy works if you ask industry-related questions or if you have clever insights about your niche. Most influencers will feel flattered to have someone that is really interested in what they have to say.
- use their hashtags – they will see your content and that will likely spark their interest in your company
- Share something unexpected
Let’s face it, sometimes the weird factor attracts new visitors and will make you stand out. It’s been used since the start of marketing and, if done right, will boost your social media presence. Stay clear, however, from obscene, frivolous or offensive content. It will only make your business look bad and unprofessional.
Joining a respectable marketing community is a good way to develop your marketing strategies and connections. To learn more, visit Kreativa.co.