Epic Games have now released the latest Fortnite v8.20 patch notes for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The v8.20 patch is now live and can be downloaded through all digital platforms. The latest Fortnite v8.20 patch update finally brings Floor is Lava – Limited Time (LMT) Mode, which was recently teased by Epic Games. The new Fortnite v8.20 patch notes also include Poison Dart Trap, New Foraged Items, which includes a Banana, Coconut and Pepper that will help you in the game to gain health/shields.
You can check out the full Patch Notes from Epic Games below.
Floor is Lava – Limited Time Mode
The Volcano has sprung a leak…Drop, loot, RUN! Hold the high ground and be the last one standing in this spicy new LTM.v8.20 Patch
Poison Dart Trap
It’s a Poison Trap! Catch your opponents off guard with this new addition. But remember, watch where you step.
New Foraged Items
It’s Bananas! Regenerate health and zoom around after taking a bite from a Pepper, heal up with a tasty Banana, or relax with a Coconut to gain health/shields.
Floor is Lava – Limited Time (LMT) Mode
Lava gradually rises from the lowest parts of the map, and it’s hot! Drop in and quickly loot and gather materials so you can be the first to reach the high ground.
- A few minutes into the match, the lava will begin to rise.
- The lava moves at a steady speed until the entire map is covered.
- Touching the lava will apply damage directly to your health and bounce you up in the air.
- You can build on the lava.
- Players will be given a small number of materials every second, to help out in those “entire map is on fire” situations.
Weapons and Items
- The Baller no longer applies damage to players on collision.
- Future Baller Iterations
- Siphon/Material Changes
- Infantry Rifle
- Poison Dart Trap
- New Foraged Items
- The Buried Treasure directional indicator is now attached to the player and emanates from the area of the treasure map in order to improve visibility, especially while moving.
- Pirate Cannon adjustments
- Adjusted the equip time of the Epic / Legendary Pump Shotgun to match the Uncommon / Rare versions.
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Balloon Fixes
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Pirate Cannon Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- This will also fix the issue where HUD control buttons are missing when starting a match on some Android devices.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
You can find the full detailed Fortnite v8.20 patch notes here.