Epic Games have now dropped a new Fortnite v8.40 patch update for players on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. As its most notable feature, the latest v8.40 update for Fortnite adds two new weapons including Egg Launcher and Infantry Rifle. The update also brings Air Royale Limited Time Mode that brings back the X-4 Stormwing plane to take the new challenge in the skies. The Fortnite v8.40 full patch notes also add various gameplay fixes to the game.
A summarised version of the latest Fortnite v8.40 Patch Notes for PC, PS4 and Xbox One can be found below.
- Air Royale Limited Time Mode
Pilot the X-4 Stormwing in this Limited Time Mode as you fight to become the last plane flying! Complete free Challenges to unlock brand new Wraps as you rule the skies.
- Infantry Rifle
New rarities for this precise, semi-automatic weapon are available now! Find and wield the Epic/Legendary variants and deliver accurate fire downrange.
LIMITED TIME MODE: AIR ROYALE
Climb aboard a plane and take to the skies in this fast-paced mode where players fight to be the last one flying!
- Air Royale is lifting off as a Duos-only mode.
- Each plane has 3 lives, players will respawn until they lose their plane’s last life.
- Touching the ground will instantly eliminate players.
- Parking a plane on the ground for more than a few seconds will cause it to explode – stay airborne!
- Hijacking another team’s plane will add that plane to your existing number of plane lives (and cost the team who lost the plane a life).
- The storm has a ceiling that gradually lowers during the match. Be careful not to fly too high late in the match!
- Loot chests of five different rarities will fall from the sky, allowing players to upgrade the guns they are carrying as well as boosting their plane’s weapons for a short time.
- To receive the contents of a Chest, simply fly through it.
- If players receive loot from a Chest containing a weapon they already have that’s of the same or worse quality, they’ll receive additional ammo.
- Chests with higher quality guns will automatically replace the lower quality weapon that’s being carried.
- Floating repair kits can also be found, these heal damaged planes and grant health & shields to players.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Egg Launcher
- Everyone’s favorite egg-themed Grenade Launcher skin is back!
- This is a visual only change for the Grenade Launcher.
- Infantry Rifle
- Added Epic and Legendary Infantry Rifle variants.
- Deals 42/44 damage.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops and Vending Machines.
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- You can now pet the dog… and other Pets!
- The Battle Pass Friend XP Bonus has been upgraded!
- Instead of giving a small XP boost to each friend in your party, you now get a larger XP boost for partying with one or more friends.
- The overall total XP Bonus remains the same (120%) and will now be much easier to keep active
- In short, play any match with any number of friends and you’ll be getting the same amount of XP as someone who’s been playing with a full squad of Battle-Pass-owning friends.
- Fixed an issue where the Season 8 trailer wouldn’t play in some cases.
- an issue where the embers from environmental Campfires would linger if the floor they were attached to was destroyed.
- Issue where Coconuts could not be pinged.
- Issue where turbo building could stop if you ran out of the current type of material you were using.
- An issue with Traps being be placed inside walls, making them difficult to see.
- Issue with Traps being placed inconsistently when auto-placed.
- Fixed ‘Emotes’ not playing when bound to specific keys.
- Fixed an issue when using ‘Replay Last Emote’ before using any other emote, so it now plays the emote in the default slot.
For full Fortnite v8.40 Patch Notes, you can head over to the official release note here.