Saber Interactive has released a new patch update for its online shooter and horror survival game World War Z. The latest update called the “Six Skulls” update is now available to download on PC, PS4 and Xbox One and as its names suggests, the new free World War Z Free Six Skulls Update brings 6 new skulls difficulty mode to the game as its main key feature. According to the patch notes, the new 6 skulls difficulty mode will be playable with all chapters the game has received so far.
The latest World War Z update not only brings new 6 skulls difficulty mode to the game but also allows players to earn some new and unique rewards. Players completing any level on the new difficulty mode will get Wakizashi Sword melee weapon as well as a new unique Sniper Rifle variant for completing all levels on the new extreme 6 skulls difficulty mode level.
You can check out a summarised version of the latest World War Z Free Six Skulls Update patch notes below.
World War Z Free 6 Skulls Update Patch Notes
- Added new 6 skulls difficulty mode.
- Added Wakizashi melee weapon for completing any level on the new difficulty mode.
- Added unique Sniper Rifle variant for completing all levels on the new difficulty mode.
- Ammo crates now have limited ammo available based on the difficulty level. The amount of ammunition drained from the ammo crate depends on the weapon and how much ammo the player has left. On average, the distribution is:
- Easy – unlimited refills.
- Normal – unlimited refills.
- Hard – 12 full refills.
- Insane – 6 full refills.
- Extreme – 6 full refills.
Quality of Life
- AI bots will no longer explode barrels and mines by accidental shooting.
- Added HUD icon when teammates are carrying car parts on Jerusalem 2.
- Added HUD icon when teammates are carrying explosive charges on Tokyo 2.
- Added sound notification when zombie is approaching or attacking from behind.
- Added a 6 second masking effect for players that respawn or join the game in progress (without screen effect).
- Added a 2 second masking effect for players that are revived (without screen effect).
- Added an indicator for remaining mortar shots.
- Added weapon perks display on Weapon Customization screen.
- Minor UI and localization fixes.
- Added missing laser sight beam effect for Assault Carbine and Assault Rifle.
- MAG5 Machine Gun’s damage increased by 50% (in PvE only).
- Chainsaw will now generate noise in all of its attack modes.
- Fixed issue that was causing the Chainsaw to not stagger zombies in some cases.
- Fixed several gameplay crashes.
- Fixed issue with item pickup progress not showing up in some cases.
- Fixed issue with player overhead marker not showing up upon respawn in PvP in some cases.
- Fixed issue with receiving party lead privileges causing soft lock in menus in some cases.
- Fixed soft lock in menus when entering game settings while respawning in PvP.
- Fixed Infector effect staying on screen in outro cinematics.
- Fixed voice chat not being output to connected headset in some cases.
- Fixed issue that was moving player over large distances when grabbed by a zombie swarm.
- Fixed issue causing AI bots trying to shoot through walls.
- Fixed issue causing scoreboard to stay on screen in outro cinematics.
- Fixed issue causing Medkit progress bar to appear briefly upon respawn.
- Fixed issue causing zombies to not receive melee damage in certain doorways.
- Fixed issue causing Medkit healing to constantly interrupt in certain locations.
- Fixed issue with a certain combination of perks causing Slasher to heal when receiving friendly fire.
- Fixed issue causing player to receive another player’s melee weapon when joining a game in progress.
- Added sound for receiving medals in PvP.
- Sho is no longer wearing 2 helmets at the same time like a true badass.
PC Specific Fixes
- Increased bleed out timer on Insane difficulty from 20 to 30 seconds (PC only).
- Fixed issue with DLC weapons selection reset upon game restart.
- Added FidelityFX Sharpening feature
Earlier last month World War Z received patch update 1.05 that brought new Tokyo 3 mission, a new special zombie lots of bug fixes and more. According to the upcoming free post-launch content roadmap for World War Z there will be new a Weekly Challenge mode, a wave-based survival mode, the ability to switch classes during PvPvZ matches, bonus cosmetics, and more will be coming to the game.
You can check out the full details on the latest World War Z Free Six Skulls update patch note here. World War Z is currently available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The game was launched in April this year, 2019.