Epic Games has finally released the Fortnite Season X with the latest patch v10.00. The new season for the Fortnite as always brings the new Season X Battle Pass which players can grab at the same 950 V-bucks from the store. The release note says that you will get the X-Lord and Catalyst Outfits instantly when you purchase the Battle Pass. In addition, the new Fortnite Season X also brings 100 levels and over 100 new rewards to unlock in the game as well as a new two-person vehicle called B.R.U.T.E.
Most notably, with the latest Fortnite Season X players will now finally have the ability to gift the season pass to a friend. This features will be available to all platforms (timing may vary per regions) until August 15th. The new Fortnite Season X also introduces a new two players mechanical suits called B.R.U.T.E. In this two-person vehicle, one player can control its movement while another one can control its firepower.
Moreover, Season X also brings several bug fixes and Auto-fire system improvements for mobile devices. It also adds a new setting: Tap to Search/Interact for Controllers.
More details on the latest Fortnite Season X can be found below along with the patch notes.
Fortnite Season X Patch v10.00 Notes
Season X – Battle Pass
New Season, new Battle Pass. 100 levels, over 100 new rewards. Find out more information on everything that’s new in Season X in the announce blog. In Season X, you’ll have the ability to gift the Battle Pass to a friend! Available on all platforms (timing may vary per regions) until August 15th. Your first purchase also includes a unique Gift Box for you to use when gifting items from the shop.
Few suits make you feel as powerful as a mech suit does. In this two-person vehicle, players can control its movement while their partner controls its firepower. Those feeling extra adventurous can operate it solo by switching between moving and shooting!
The Zero Point Explosion has made the island volatile! Locations once thought to be lost are beginning to appear, but they aren’t the same as they once were… Drop-in and explore to discover what mysterious gameplay changes they have in store.
Weapons + Items
- This vehicle can be operated by up to two players. If two players are operating it, one (the driver) controls movement, while the other (the gunner) rains down missiles and shotgun shots.
- The driver is able to:
- Dash into combat.
- Super Jump to victory.
- Stomp enemies and structures into the ground.
- Anything you would normally harvest will grant materials when destroyed.
- The passenger has two weapons at their disposal: a shotgun and a missile launcher.
- Clip Size: 10
- Damage: 50
- Headshot Multiplier: 1.5x
- Missile Launcher
- Fires up to 10 missiles at once.
- Holding down Trigger will begin loading missiles.
- After releasing Trigger, or after 10 missiles have been loaded, all missiles will automatically fire.
- New Mechanic: Overshield
- Consumes 200 of any Material type to create a personal overshield for 5 seconds to protect you in the mech.
- Quad Crasher
- Flint Knock Pistol
- Shadow Bomb
- Semi-Auto Sniper
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Mounted Turret
- Air Strike
- Itemized Glider Redeploy (still available in large team modes)
- Over time, we have added many mobility options, both itemized and map-based. We feel that Season X is better experienced with a reduction in mobility. As with all changes, we’ll keep a close eye on how this affects the player experience.
- Fixed the Heavy Shotgun not piercing through water in modes where it is available.
- All Campfires now heal vehicles.
- The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle no longer has perfect hip-fire accuracy after aiming down sights.
- Boogie Bombs and Grenades no longer pass through vehicles.
- Auto-fire system improvements:
- We’ve re-tuned Auto-fire for every weapon with this update and would love specific and detailed weapon feedback so that we can continue to improve it.
- If you want to try it out and don’t use Auto-fire already, go into your HUD settings and enable Auto-fire.
- Added a new setting: Tap to Search/Interact for Controllers.
- Added a message for devices on Android that have the Sensor Pressure settings (S8, S8+, S9, S9+, and Note 9) to inform players about the settings being active.
- Players would unintentionally return to the Home screen due to this setting being active.
- We’ve increased the size of buttons and icons in the following areas:
- The Frontend Lobby tab buttons.
- The Crown for Party leader display icon.
- The Map Marker.
- “First team to reach the elimination goal wins!” message won’t remain throughout the whole match in Team Rumble.
- Exiting a vehicle won’t reload the player’s weapon.
- The button for skipping cutscenes is now visible on Android.
- Vertical black lines aren’t displayed on the Challenges page.
- The Settings Menu will properly display when language is set to Spanish.
- The text on the menu buttons in the Settings Menu is aligned.
- Quick Heal button won’t appear when falling or after opening the map.
- Scaling the Quick Heal button in the HUD Layout Tool won’t cause the icon to change to the item’s icon in the inventory.
- Quick Heal button won’t disappear from the HUD Layout tool when another button is modified.
- Players are able to open doors or Chests while using the ADS button.
- Build mode button will correctly change to the Weapon mode button when pressing it on Android.
- Added header on multiple widgets in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Graphical improvement of CloudBreaker outfit.
- Graphical improvement of the blue variant of the Sea Wolf outfit.