AMD has released the latest Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1 update for its range of RX 5700 Series, Radeon VII, and other Radeon Graphics cards. As for the highlights, the latest Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1 update brings support for two new games including newly released Doom Eternal and the upcoming Half-Life: Alyx.
The latest version of the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition update also adds Added Vulkan Support for the Ghost Recon Breakpoint. The latest software 20.3.1 update changelogs for the Doom Eternal says that players can get 5% better performance playing Doom Eternal (Ultra Nightmare settings) at 1920x1080p on the Radeon RX 5700XT graphics cards than the previous version of the Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 update.
Further, the latest Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1 brings several fixes to the issues listed in the full changelogs below.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1
- DOOM Eternal
- Achieve up to 5% better performance playing Doom Eternal (Ultra Nightmare settings) at 1920x1080p on the Radeon RX 5700XT with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1, versus Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2. RS-333
- Half-Life: Alyx
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Vulkan API
Added Vulkan Support
- This extension indicates support for shader modules that use the SPV_KHR_post_depth_coverage extension. Fragment shaders using the SPV extension can control whether the SampleMask built-in input variable reflects the coverage after the depth and stencil tests are applied. This extension is only supported on AMD RDNA hardware.
- This extension indicates support for shader modules that use the SPV_KHR_non_semantic_info extension. Shader modules using the SPV extension can include non-semantic instructions that can be safely removed from the module.
- This extension provides a mechanism to query alignment requirements for uniform and storage texel buffers that cannot be well communicated via minTexelBufferOffsetAlignment.
- This extension provides flags that can be used by an application to inquire about potential high cost that could be incurred during pipeline creation. The information can be obtained prior to carrying out the create operation, which would allow the application to adjust its behavior accordingly.
- Frame skipping or choppy audio may be experienced in videos captured using Radeon ReLive.
- Some games may experience stutter while using Instant Replay or third-party applications that stream or perform screen capture.
- Hotkeys may fail to apply to scenes in ReLive scene editor when the scene has a custom name.
- Webcam elements may fail to appear on screen when a custom location is set during ReLive recording.
- AMD A-Series/E-Series APU Processors will reflect older Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition Settings user interface.
- Zero RPM toggle may fail to reset or appear when disabling advanced fan tuning options in Performance Tuning.
- Radeon Software may automatically close when a live stream is started or stopped.
- Desktop cursor may intermittently remain visible after toggling Radeon Software’s overlay in some games.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may experience a blank screen when launched using the Vulkan API.
- Radeon Software may experience an application crash, or a system TDR may occur, when VRAM reaches 8GB or more with HBCC enabled on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- DOOM™ may experience an intermittent system hang or application crash during gameplay.
- Space Engineers™ may experience an application or hang during gameplay when Grass Density is turned on.
- A system hang or black screen may occur when exiting SteamVR™ with multi display system configurations.
- Monster Hunter World™: Iceborne may have lower than expected performance in some areas of the game on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Video playback may exhibit corruption on Interlaced content in Movies and TV on Ryzen 3000 with Radeon Graphics Processors.
- PassMark™ may experience an application hang on some Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors.
- On Radeon RX Vega and older discrete GPUs and on APUs, enabling integer display scaling could result in a reduction of frame rate.
- Integer display scaling may not show up as available in Radeon Software on some GCN-based GPUs.
- The default hotkeys for recording and taking a screenshot with Radon ReLive have been updated. Recording is now ‘Ctrl + Shift + E’ by default and Screenshot is now ‘Ctrl + Shift + I’ by default.
DOOM Eternal is now out on all platforms including PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
While the Half-Life: Alyx is set for a release date on March 23. Notably, the Half-Life: Alyx is Valves’ upcoming VR game where you will immerse yourself in deep environmental interactions, puzzle-solving, world exploration, and visceral combat.
In order to play the Half-Life: Alyx you will need a virtual reality headset including Valve Index, HYC Vive, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality.
For more details and download the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1 update installation package, you can simply head to the official release page here.