Nintendo has released the latest firmware 10.0.2 update for the Nintendo Switch console. According to the latest Nintendo Switch firmware update 10.0.2 patch notes, it brings general system stability improvements to enhance user’s experience.
Also, the latest firmware update 10.0.2 for the Switch brings a fix to an issue where a Nintendo Switch console with system menu version 10.0.0 or 10.0.1 dose, not set up a new Nintendo Switch controller.
Nintendo Switch Firmware 10.0.2 is out pic.twitter.com/hnUTwpaFYo
— Wario64 (@Wario64) April 30, 2020
The previous version of the update was also sometimes causing incorrect joystick control. Now, with the latest firmware update 10.0.2, these should be fixed.
How to update to the latest Nintendo Switch firmware version?
Notably, in most cases, Nintendo Switch automatically downloads the most recent system update while it is connected online. However, if you want to check or update manually then simply follow the steps below.
Steps to download the latest Nintendo Switch firmware update manually.
- Select the System Settings on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down through the System Settings menu and select System.
- Select System Update, to start the system update process.
- During the process, the system will first perform a check to determine if a new system update is available.
- If an update is available, the download process will begin automatically.