You can now play Super Mario Sunshine on your Nintendo Switch console using the Nintendo GameCube Controller. Yes, Nintendo has released a new software update for the Super Mario 3D All-Stars on Switch that now brings Nintendo GameCube Controller support for the Super Mario Sunshine and also adds a couple of other general fixes for all three titles included in the 3D All-Stars.
The Nintendo GameCube Controller (sold separately) support for the comes as part of the latest Super Mario 3D All-Stars software update version Ver. 1.1.0. But, do note that you will only be able to use the Nintendo GameCube controller for Super Mario Sunshine when playing only in TV mode.
With the latest software update, players can now also invert the camera controls within all three individual titles. But also note that the update doesn’t bring GameCube controller for the Nintendo Switch Lite system. Check out the official patch notes below.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars Update 1.1.0 Patch Notes
- Players can now invert the camera controls within all three individual titles.
- Super Mario Sunshine now supports the Nintendo GameCube controller (sold separately). Players can now play this title using the same controls as found in the original GameCube release.
- The Nintendo GameCube controller for Super Mario Sunshine is supported only in TV mode.
- You’ll need the GameCube Controller Adapter (sold separately) to use this controller with your Nintendo Switch system. Information on connecting this adapter and controller can be found here.
- The Nintendo Switch Lite system does not support this controller option.
- All button displays within Super Mario Sunshine will not reflect the Nintendo GameCube controller.
- Other general fixes have been applied to improve overall gameplay across all three titles.