Apple today launched its new Apple AirPods Max headphone that according to Apple brings the magic of AirPods to a wireless over-ear design with high-fidelity sound.
The new AirPods Pro also features a custom acoustic design, H1 chips, and advanced software. This enables the new AirPods Pro to produce high-quality sound. The new AirPods Pro also features Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency Mode, and spatial audio.
“AirPods are the most popular headphones in the world, beloved for their effortless setup, incredible sound quality, and iconic design. With AirPods Max, we are bringing that magical AirPods experience to a stunning over-ear design with high-fidelity audio,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The custom acoustic design, combined with powerful H1 chips, and advanced software enable AirPods Max to use computational audio to wirelessly deliver the ultimate personal listening experience.”
Design-wise, the new Apple AirPods Max uses a soft and light breathable knit mesh canopy to provide extra comfort to your ears. The headphone also has a stainless steel made headband frame that provides strength, flexibility, and comfort for a wide variety of head shapes and sizes.
You also get memory foam on each of the ear cushions on the new AirPods Max. The headphone also has a Digital Crown, inspired by Apple Watch that offers precise volume control and the ability to play or pause audio, skip tracks, answer or end phone calls, and activate Siri.
Check Out the Top Features of Apple AirPods Max Below
- Adaptive EQ: AirPods Max uses Adaptive EQ to adjust the sound to the fit and seal of the ear cushions. It measures the sound signal delivered to a user and adjusting the low and mid-frequencies in real-time.
- Active Noise Cancellation: AirPods Max delivers immersive sound through Active Noise Cancellation so users can focus on what they are listening to.
- Transparency Mode: The new AirPods Max also allows users to switch to Transparency mode to simultaneously listen to music while hearing the environment around them. Switching between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode can be done with a single press using the noise control button.
- Spatial Audio: AirPods Max uses spatial audio with dynamic head tracking to place sounds virtually anywhere in a space. — delivering an immersive, theaterlike experience for content recorded in 5.1, 7.1, and Dolby Atmos. Spatial Audio using the gyroscope and accelerometer in AirPods Max and iPhone or iPad, tracks the motion of a user’s head as well as the device, compares the motion data, then remaps the sound field so it stays anchored to the device, even as the user’s head moves.
Additional Features of AirPods Max
- Automatic switching: It allows users to seamlessly move sound between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. When playing music on Mac, users can easily take a call on iPhone and AirPods Max will automatically switch over.
- Audio Sharing makes it possible to easily share an audio stream between two sets of AirPods on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV 4K. Simply bring AirPods Max near the device and connect with a single tap.3
- Siri capabilities include the ability to play music, make phone calls, control the volume, get directions, and more. Siri can also read incoming messages as they arrive with Announce Messages with Siri.
Battery and Performance
The new AirPods Max comes with a battery that is said to provide up to 20 hours of high-fidelity audio, talk time, or movie playback with Active Noise Cancellation and spatial audio enabled. The new AirPods Max also comes with a soft, slim Smart Case that you can use to protect your AirPods and carry with you.
AirPods Max comes in five gorgeous colors, including space gray, silver, sky blue, green, and pink. The new AirPods Max headphone is now available to pre-order for $549 in the US and India from apple.com and in the Apple Store app in the US and more than 25 other countries and regions. AirPods Max will begin shipping on Tuesday, December 15.