Today in this post I will be talking about an issue that a lot of Far Cry 6 players are currently facing while playing the game on their PC. A lot of players are getting a Low Amount Of Available VRAM pop-up messages or warning notifications while playing the Far Cry 6 game. So, here in this guide, I will be telling you how to fix the Far Cry 6 low amount of available VRAM issue on your PC.
Now, if you are also receiving the low amount of available VRAM pop-up messages whenever you play Far Cry 6. Then continue reading this post, as I will be telling you all the possible steps which will help you fix this low amount of available VRAM issue on your PC. Now, simply follow the steps below.
How to Fix Far Cry 6 Low Amount of Available VRAM Issue on Ubisoft Connect
Step 1 – Make sure your PC has enough VRAM
The first thing you can do is to make sure that your PC has enough VRAM. If you are going to play Far Cry 6 at Ultra setting 1440p at 60fps with ray tracing ON then Ubisoft recommends 16GB or more RAM with an AMD RX 6900XT GPU -16GB or an Nvidia RTX 3070 – 8GB GPU.
While playing at full 4K at 30fps with ray tracing ON then Ubisoft recommends 16GB or more RAM with an AMD RX 6800 GPU -16GB or an Nvidia RTX 3080 – 10GB GPU.
Step 2- Lower the quality settings of the game
The pop-up message, itself suggests that you could try to lower the quality settings of the game which can potentially fix the low amount of available VRAM pop-up error in the game. Now the second thing you could do to fix this issue is lower the quality settings of the game and run the game again to see if this fixes the low VRAM issue.
Step 3 – Close the Game and Restart Ubisoft Connect
In the third step, you can try to close the game first and then close the Ubisoft Connect and restart it again. Now, after restarting the Ubisoft Connect if there is any update then let the update finish and then start the game again.
Step 4 – Restart your PC and launch the game again
The next step is to restart your PC and after restarting your PC launch the Far Cry 6 game again and see if the low amount of available VRAM pop message is gone.
Step 5 – Disable notification and in game overlay
In the next step you can try to Disable the notification and in game overlay option in the Ubisoft Connect settings, to do that:
- Open Ubisoft Connect
- Go to Setting by pressing the three horizontal lines at the top left corner
- Now, under the General Tab you will see the Disable notification and in game overlay
- Simply, Uncheck this box option
- Now, Scroll down until you see the Notification tab.
- Now under the Notification tab simply Uncheck the first two options – Enable in-game notifications and Enable desktop notifications.
- Now, re-launch the game and see if the error has gone.
You can also try to disable notifications in the game itself. To do this, run the game and press Scape to go to the home page of the game. Now, from here click on the Ubisoft connect on the right and then on the left sidebar click on Settings, and from here simply head to Notification and disable it.
Step 6 – Turn off HD texture pack, Uninstall HD texture pack
To turn off the texture pack or uninstall it follow the steps below.
- Run the game
- Press Scape to go to the home page of the game.
- Now, go to Options >> Video >> Quality
- Now, here you will see HD Texture, turn this option Off, if it’s isn’t already
Step 7 – Uninstall HD Texture pack
If you are still getting the low amount of available VRAM pop while playing the game then you can also try to uninstall the HD Texture pack completely. To do this follow the steps below.
- Open Ubisoft connect
- Click on the Far Cry game
- Now, under Overview, scroll down until you see Owned DLC
- Now, from here, simply head to HD Texture pack and right front of it click on the option Uninstall to uninstall the HD Texture Pack.
Doing this should fix the low VRAM pop message from the game.
from here click on the Ubisoft connect on the right and then on the left sidebar click on Settings, and from here simply head to Notification and disable it.
Step 8 – Go Offline
This step has worked so many players in fixing the low VRAM pop message in Far Cry 6. In this step, you can simply go offline and then play the game and the low VRAM pop should be gone.
To offline, follow the steps below.
- Open Ubisoft connect
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner
- Then from the sidebar menu click on Go Offline, that’s it.
Below are some additional steps you can take to fix the Far Cry 6 low amount of available VRAM issue on your PC.
- Close all the background applications including the browser, perform a clean boot and disable start-up applications
- Increase virtual memory
– Initial size: Total Ram X 1.5
– Maximum Size: 3 X Initial size
- Do a clean installation of the graphics driver
- Run the game on the dedicated graphics card
Read our other Far Cry 6 guide below:
- How to Unlock Wingsuit & Air Drop Fast Travel in Far Cry 6
- How to Build and Upgrade Camp Facilities in Far Cry 6 (All Guerilla Camps)
- How to Enable Left-Handed Mode in Far Cry 6
- How to Enable Aim Assist in Far Cry 6
You can also take the help of the following video.