Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) players are tired of an unexpected errors occurring whenever they launch the game. Most players are facing this error, even found in xQc’s Modern Warfare 2 gaming stream. Whenever a player launches a game, the game quits with the message “The Application Has Unexpectedly Stopped Working” and an error code 0xC0000005/0x80070057. The game may contain several issues, but you can fix them by taking the actions listed below.
How to Fix Modern Warfare 2: The Application Has Unexpectedly Stopped Working 0xC0000005, 0x80070057 Error
If you are a PC/Steam player, following the below steps will surely fix The Application Has Unexpectedly Stopped Working error by applying these steps.
Step 1: Restart Steam or battle.net as an administrator
Follow this first simple step to solve this by closing your steam or whatever platform you are using to play the game. Open Battle.net or your Steam application as administrator after closing. To accomplish it correctly, follow these instructions.
- Find the steam application and right-click on it to preview options.
- Tap the “Run as administrator “ Option to start playing as administrator.
- Search the application by name in the search bar if it’s not on the desktop page.
Step 2:Verify/Repair the game files
If you’re getting the “The Application Has Unexpectedly Stopped Working” issue, try fixing your game using this procedure. Here, you must repair your game files; once they have been set, you can play the game without experiencing any errors.
- Go to steam and right-click on the game where you face issues.
- Select the properties option, and it will open a new page.
- Click on local files and select the “verify integrity of game files.
- Laugh the game once the verification is completed.
- Select the game and press the setting icon next to the play button.
- Tap on the “Scan and Repair” option and launch the game if the scan is completed.
Step 3: Link the steam account with Activision
Connect your Activision account with your steam. But first, you need to sign up for your Activision account and then link it with steam. Follow these steps to do it.
- Go to Activision’s official website and sign up for your account.
- Now click on the profile option to connect your account with steam.
- Here you can see all the gaming platforms to connect with Activision. Click on the Link Account button to proceed.
- It will take you to the steam website, enter sign-in details and launch the game after linking.
Step 4:Uncheck compatibility from Steam and the game exe file- close steam first.
Quit your steam if it’s running in the background, And uncheck the compatibility from the steam and game exe file.
- Find your steam application and right-click on it. Open properties and go to compatibilities.
- Uncheck the “Run this program in compatibility made for” and click apply. Now open steam and select the game.
- Right-click on game>Manage>Game local files and find the cod exe file.
- Go to properties, repeat the procedure, and uncheck the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option.
Step 5: Allow the game exe file to your antivirus program
If you’re using any third-party security program, make sure to allow the game for it; otherwise, it will interfere and cause you errors. Let’s see how we can if you’re using windows security.
- Go to windows settings, and choose update and security.
- Now click on windows security> virus and protection > Manage ransomware protection.
- Now click on Allow an app through controlled folder access, click Yes to allow, and choose to Add an allowed app button to proceed.
- Go to the game installation folder by following this, Local drive(e) > Game installation > COD HQ > COD exe > open. Now, the game will be added. Click on the same button to browse all apps and add all exe files.
Step 6: Put -dx11/ -d3d11 / -dx12 in launch option
Try putting these commands in the launch option so that it might solve your problem. Open your steam and right-click on the game and select properties, add these commands one by one in DLC, and see if any of these work. The same goes for battle.net; try adding these commands in-game settings by choosing additional command line arguments options.
Step 7: Run the game as an administrator from the game installation folder
Open the game exe file and open it as administrator. To do so, please follow these steps.
- Open steam and right-click on the game. Choose manage > Browse local files > COD exe.
- Right-click on COD exe files, go to the compatibility tab, and check “Run this program as an administrator.” tap apply and launch the game.
Step 8: Do a clean installation of the latest graphics driver
Sometimes the problem is caused by the graphics driver, so cleaning a graphics driver might help you with this. Follow the steps below to make it happen.
- Go to Invidia’s official website, select your graphic card, enter more details, and tap start search.
- When you find your destination driver, tap the “Get Download” button; run the file once the download is complete.
- Select “ Agree and Continue” on the first page, then check the box with Custom(Advanced). Now check the “Perform a clean installation” box and click on the Next button.
- After the installation, restart your computer and launch your game to see if it works.
Step 9: Install Visual C++ files
Go to Microsoft’s official website and download the Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 variant with the x86 version. Run the Exe file after downloading. Click on the repair or install option to install it. Repeat the same procedure and install the x64 version this time and install it. Now launch the game to see if it works.
Step 10: Try Windowed mode, and lower down video settings
Try this setting to keep your game smooth and resist being quit automatically; follow these steps to lower your graphics in-game.
- Open your in-game settings and go to graphics and move to display.
- Set the display mode to window mode and lower the display resolution.
- Turn off v-sync(menu) and go to quality and lower your quality presets.
- Lower other graphic settings and turn off motion blur.
Here are further recommendations that would help you to fix your game issues.
- Whenever you launch the game, if you receive any prompt from launching it in save mode, then try it.
- Wait and let the shader’s optimization be 100 percent complete, then start playing.
- Change your windows language to English United States, and launch the game.
- Try to change your region and start playing.
- If you have installed the beta version of the game, first delete the beta files, then start playing.
- Update the windows to the last version.
- Close all overlay and overclocking programs, run clean boot, and end all background processes.
- Uninstall the game and delete its game files, then try to install in a different drive(SSD).
In this article, we explained the full explanation of how can you easily solve the “Modern Warfare II: Fix Error The Application Has Unexpectedly Stopped Working” problem with these easy steps. Different reasons cause this problem, just like that, there are a couple of solutions above to solve this issue.