Half-Life: Alyx has received a new update 1.4 patch and it brings some interesting visual which lets you see the liquid inside a bottle. The most interesting part is that the latest Half-Life: Alyx update 1.4 also brings the ability where you can shake bottles with liquid sloshes around inside them when you shake the bottles.
The latest Alyx update 1.4 also brings a number of fixes to the game including various crash fixes and more. The latest Half-Life: Alyx update 1.4 also make the UI faster and brings improvements to addon management UI. The update also adds a number of new Workshop features and fixes. Check out the full Half-Life: Alyx update 1.4 patch notes below.
Half-Life: Alyx Update 1.4 Patch Notes
- Added subtitles for: Brazilian, Czech, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Bottles now appear to have liquid inside them that sloshes around as you shake them.
- UI appears quicker when returning to Main Menu
- Improvements to addon management UI
- Added checks for users loading a savegame with missing addons (eg. unsubscribed or deleted)
- Added error message if a game fails to load due to a missing map requested by an addon
- Various crash fixes
- Fixed bug where exiting the game by closing SteamVR could generate bad save files
- Enabled the Postprocessing Editor (Documentation)
- Added “Custom Character” example addon
- Added example maps for:
- Blind Zombie (a.k.a. Jeff)
- Hacking and Toner Puzzles
- Parked Vehicles and other Interactive Prefabs
- Visibility System
- Postprocessing Volumes
- Added core functionality required for Lua scripting and added some Alyx-specific script bindings for querying VR controller input and creating nav mesh paths from entity scripts
- Enabled live bone constraints in SFM, which can be baked/enabled as procedural bones, like cloth
- Fixed case where some explicitly specified meshes became hulls. (eg. func_shatterglass will now build in a map without having to enable legacy collision mesh.)
- Added some meshes that were missing from parked vehicle prefabs.
- Made SFM UI less Dota-specific in a few places
- Fixed missing map models (mostly combine stations) in SFM
- Fixed Import Sequence in SFM to work correctly on sequences with animated root orientation
Half-Life: Alyx is available to play now on any VR headset incluiudng HTC Vive, Valve Index, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality.