Nintendo today announced the new Nintendo Switch OLED Model of its popular hybrid console. The new Nintendo Switch OLED Model will be out for sale and purchase starting October 8, 2021. As its key highlights, the new Nintendo Switch OLED comes with an adjustable wide stand, a new 7-inch OLED screen, enhanced audio, a wired LAN port, and more.
Nintendo Switch OLED Model Specifications
The new system features a vibrant 7-inch OLED screen, a wide adjustable stand, a dock with a wired LAN port, 64 GB of internal storage, and enhanced audio. The wide-angle stand can be used to get a perfect adjustable viewing angle for your eyes.
The new model also features a Built-in wired LAN port which can be connected online using the dock’s LAN port when playing in TV mode. It appears that the regular Switch model can also use the new Dock with the wired LAN port as well.
Nintendo Switch OLED Models
The new Nintendo Switch OLED Model comes in two different color options, including a White model as well as a neon Black color model.
Nintendo Switch OLED Model Price and Availability
The new Nintendo Switch OLED Model is priced at $349.99 MSRP* for both the While and the Black color model. The price is $50 more than the current-gen Nintendo Switch model. The new model will be available starting on October 8, 2021, through Nintendo.com.
Nintendo Switch OLED Model Announcement Trailer
Nintendo Switch OLED Model FAQ
- Can all Nintendo Switch titles be played on Nintendo Switch (OLED model)?
Yes, Nintendo Switch (OLED model) is compatible with the full library of Nintendo Switch games.
- Can the Nintendo Switch dock (with LAN port) also be used with Nintendo Switch?
Yes, the dock can be used, including the LAN port. Please note: a system update may be required.
- Can the Nintendo Switch dock be used with Nintendo Switch (OLED model)?
Yes, this is possible. but a system update may be required for this.
- Can I use the Joy-Con controllers I currently have with Nintendo Switch (OLED model)?
Yes. The Joy-Con controllers included with Nintendo Switch (OLED model) are the same as the controllers currently available.
- I’m thinking about buying a second Nintendo Switch family console. Can I share digital titles I’ve purchased or share my save data between Nintendo Switch (OLED model), Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite?
For this, you can visit the Nintendo Switch support section for information on how to play your games on multiple consoles.
- Can I continue to use accessories I’ve been using on Nintendo Switch with Nintendo Switch (OLED model)?