Epic Games today released the latest Fortnite update 9.20 patch notes and it brings tons of bug fixes to the game’s Battle Royal, Creative and Save The World modes. The latest patch update 9.20 also adds new weapons called Storm Flip which can be used by throwing it out and it creates a safe zone for players with sphere-shaped zone. According to the patch notes, where this overlaps with the storm, it creates a safe zone where players won’t be dealt damage. Where it overlaps the safe zone, it’ll create a storm. The Storm Flip last for 20 minutes so you get enough time to deal with your enemies.
The latest Fortnite update also brings some additional sniper rifles including the Hunting Rifle and it also reduces the sniper package availability from 12.5% to 8.45% and explosive package availability from 12.5% to 7.04%.
The latest Fortnite update 9.20 also increases max charge time on Boom Bow from 1s to 1.25s. Additionally, the latest Fortnite update 9.20 patch notes bring tons of bug fixes, UI changes and more. Check out the Fortnite Update 9.20 patch notes below.
Power of the storm in the palm of your hands!
Weapons + Items
- Storm Flip
- Thrown item that explodes on impact and creates a sphere-shaped zone.
- Where the sphere overlaps the storm, it will create a safe zone.
- Where the sphere overlaps a safe zone, it will create a storm zone.
- The Storm Flip deals the same damage as the current storm.
- The zone lasts for 20 seconds before dissipating.
- Available in Epic Rarity.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack of 1.
- Hunting Rifle all variants
- While we value the variety of longer range sniping options, the Hunting Rifle has become somewhat outclassed by the Infantry Rifle after it was changed to hitscan. In addition, there are a few Sniper Rifle options available and we feel it doesn’t currently fill a necessary role in the item lineup.
- Loot Carrier
- Reduced sniper package availability from 12.5% to 8.45%
- Reduced explosive package availability from 12.5% to 7.04%
- The chances of getting high-powered, rare items from Supply Drones was higher than felt appropriate, so we’ve reduced their availability slightly
- Mounted turret
- Overheat now takes 20% longer.
- The Mounted Turret’s usage has decreased over time. By slightly increasing time before Overheat, the goal is to help increase its risk/reward.
- Increased max charge time on Boom Bow from 1s to 1.25s
- The Boom Bow is a bit stronger than we’d like. This adjustment should reduce frequency between shots, making misses riskier. We’d like to evaluate the impact of this change before making any additional adjustments, and it’s possible that more tweaks will be necessary if this doesn’t have the desired effect.
- The Slipstream’s audio, pink ring, and spinning blades turn off when disabled during the fifth phase of the Storm.
- Players revived from a Reboot Van will lose invulnerability upon shooting or building.
- Air Vents are now more forgiving in order to prevent fall damage when players jump on them from high places.
- Fixed an issue in which weapons that previously had no ammo would be unable to be automatically reloaded.
- Fixed an issue where players would take fall damage after exiting a Baller quickly rolling downhill.
- Aim assist can no longer be used to fire at players using a Shadow Bomb.
- Fixed an issue where players could damage teammates who were disconnected from the match.
- Fixed an issue where the Flying Disc Toy would get caught on Ballers in mid-air.
- Fixed an issue where Slipstream audio and visual FX would continue to occur after the player exits.
- Fixed an issue where Air Vents’ sound and visual effects occurred more than once.
- Fixed an issue in which Driftboards were unable to exit Slipstreams.
- Exiting a vehicle that had entered a Slipstream no longer causes players to skydive.
- Vending Machines no longer become unusable when a player using one gets eliminated.
- The Flint-Knock Pistol is now consistently able to knock targets and the shooter the correct distance.
- Dynamite audio no longer gets stuck on a loop during replays.
- The lava bounce visual effect no longer persists if a Baller bounces from lava to water.