Samsung Galaxy S10+ and Xiaomi’s Mi 9 comes with almost the same hardware. Both the newly launched smartphones from their respective manufacturers come with Snapdragon 855 chipset, triple rear camera setup, up to 12GB of RAM and In-display fingerprint sensor and more. Since the camera performance of both two devices is to be incredibly good. We now have the first DxOMark camera test score of the both the Galaxy S10+ and Xiaomi Mi 9, and it looks like, the Galaxy S10+ beats Xiaomi Mi 9 in the overall DxOMark camera test score.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 features a main 48MP f/1.75 camera paired with a 16MP wide-angle lens and a 12MP telephoto shooter. Up front, there’s a 20MP camera with HDR. In a recent DxOMark camera test, the Mi 9 received an overall score of 107, which beats the score of smartphones like Google Pixel 3 and the Galaxy Note 9.
The Mi 9 DxOMark score also shows that the device scored 112 for photos and 99 points for the videos.
On the other hand, the S10+ features a triple rear camera setup with a 12MP+12MP+16MP camera. On the front, the Galaxy S10+ features a dual 10MP+8MP dual front camera. The Galaxy S10+ in its first DxOMark camera test received an overall score of 109 for the rear cameras, which is just two points better than the Mi 9. For the front camera, the Galaxy S10+ scored an overall DxOMark score of 96.
The DxOMark score also showed us that the Galaxy S10+ scored 114 for photos and 97 for video recording, which is two points less than the Mi 9 video score.
The camera performance of both two devices is incredibly good. According to DxOMark, Mi 9 is the best Xiaomi device they have tested so far and the Galaxy S10+ joins the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and P20 Pro at the very top of their smartphone camera ranking.
Below you can find the key camera specifications of the two devices.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Key camera specifications:
- Triple-camera setup
- Primary: 48Mp 1/2-inch Sony IMX586 quad-sensor with 0.8µm pixels, f/1.75-aperture lens, 26mm-equivalent focal length
- Tele: 12Mp 1/3.4-inch Samsung S5K3M5 sensor with 1.0µm pixels, f/2.2-aperture lens, 50mm-equivalent focal length
- Super-wide-angle: 16Mp 1/3-inch Sony IMX481 sensor, f/2.2-aperture lens, 17mm-equivalent focal length
- PDAF/laser autofocus
- LED flash
- 2160p/60fps video (2160p/30fps in default mode)
Samsung Galaxy S10+ Key camera specifications:
- Triple-camera setup
- Primary: 12Mp sensor with 1.4µm pixels and 26mm-equivalent, f/1.5–2.4 aperture lens, Dual-Pixel AF, OIS
- Ultra-wide: 16Mp sensor 1.0µm pixels and 13mm-equivalent, f/2.4-aperture lens
- Telephoto: 12Mp sensor with 1.0µm pixels and 52mm-equivalent, f/2.4 aperture lens, PDAF, OIS
- 2160p/60fps (1080p/30fps at default settings)
Samsung Galaxy S10+ may have scored better than the Mi 9 in the DxOMark camera test score, but in terms of pricing the Xiaomi Mi 9 clearly beats every Samsung Galaxy S10 device. You can read our previous post to see the comparison between price and performance between these two devices.