IO Interactive has released a new HITMAN 2 April 2.21 Update Patch Notes. According to the official release note, the latest HITMAN 2 April 2.21 Update seems to be a major update that brings the second Ghost Mode Location: Santa Fortuna, changes to a Silent Assassin Tracker, quality of life changes, menu tweaks and several bug fixes and Ghost Mode improvements. The latest HITMAN 2 April 2.21 update also adds PC-Specific Improvements, that includes Dynamic Sharpening and Texture Filtering to the game. According to the release note, the HITMAN 2 latest update size on consoles weighs approximately 1.7 GB of size and 1.1 GB on PC.
HITMAN 2 April 2.21 Patch Notes Adds New Ghost Location: Santa Fortuna, Texture Filtering to PC and More
Below we have lined up the full ITMAN 2 April 2.21 Update patch notes, so check that out.
Game Update 2.21: What’s NEW?
- Ghost Mode Location: Santa Fortuna
Our second location for Ghost Mode is Santa Fortuna. Welcome to the jungle.
- Ghost Mode: Emotes
We’ve added 4 new emotes that can be activated in Ghost Mode.
- How Gracious – For those moments when a kiss speaks louder than words
- Well Done – A slightly ironic clapping gesture aimed at your opponent
- Evil Eye – Let your opponent understand they’re under severe scrutiny
- Disbelief – Show appreciation of your opponent’s actions by shaking your head
- Ghost Mode: Items
We’ve added 4 new items to Ghost Mode. Pick them up in Ghost Crates.
- The Ghost Freeze Grenade will slow down your opponent for a short amount of time.
- The Ghost Outfit Manipulator will simultaneously change both your and your opponents outfit to a new random one.
- The Ghost Proximity Explosive will trigger in your opponents world if they come near it.
- The Ghost Flash Grenade will blind and disorientate your opponent.
- Ghost Mode: Phantom
We’ve added the ‘Phantom Assassin’ Challenge to Ghost Mode. Complete it by eliminating 100 targets in Ghost Mode (any location) and unlock the Phantom Suit.
- Ghost Mode: Target Variation
We’ve added 4 new variations of the Ghost Mode target, for a total of 5. Whilst keeping the same visual style, the targets will now have more variation in their appearance. It doesn’t matter what they look like if you want to unlock the Phantom Suit though, just eliminate 100.
- Ghost Mode: Rematch
We’ve added the option to immediately go into a rematch with the same opponent.
- Silent Assassin Scoring
We’ve implemented new and finalised rules for earning the Silent Assassin rating. Our goals for this rating is to keep it as the pinnacle accomplishment for the game, where earning 5 stars and the highest possible score was something to aspire to and difficult to achieve.
- The mission scoring will now be calculated based on these parameters; Objectives Complete (20k), Never Spotted (20k), No Noticed Kills (20k), No Bodies Found (20k), No Recordings (20k), Non-Target Kill Penalty (0), Time Bonus.
- To earn the Silent Assassin rating in any mission, players will need to complete all objectives and exit the mission, without any of the following 7 events occurring:
- 1 An NPC escalates to the Compromised state.
2. An NPC escalates to the Suspicious state.
3. An NPC catches Agent 47 trespassing.
4. An NPC finds a dead or pacified body. (Accident kills and poision kills do not fail this event)
5. Agent 47 is spotted performing an illegal or suspicious action through a camera by an NPC. (If there is no guard watching the camera feed, 47 will get recorded but can still earn the SA rating by destroying the evidence.)
6. Getting recorded by a security camera and failing to destroy the evidence.
7. Agent 47 kills a non-target.
- Additional: For events 1-5, if the NPC that triggers the event is a target (and no other non-targets trigger the same event or gains knowledge from the target), the SA rating will be retained on mission end.
- Silent Assassin Tracker
Keep track of your status towards the Silent Assassin rating during gameplay. The tracker will display as an icon next to the mini map and the colour will show whether SA will currently be awarded for the playthrough. In cases where SA is not currently achievable but could be later on, for example if Agent 47 was recorded by a security camera, the tracker will display as red and then turn to green once the evidence has been deleted.
- Dynamic Sharpening
We’ve fixed an issue that could cause a black outline to form around specular highlights on water surfaces when the ‘Dynamic Sharpening’ option was set to anything other than ‘OFF’.
- Texture Filtering
We’ve fixed an issue where the Texture Filtering settings were not working in DX12.
Game Update 2.21: What’s Changing?
- Not SA Fast
We’ve fixed an issue that could prevent the Silent Assassin rating from being awarded to players who exit a mission immediately after killing the final target.
- Menu Toggle
We’ve changed our ON/OFF menu option selector to be a toggle instead. You’ll still see the old system for some HDR options but we’ll update those in a coming update.
- Named Targets
We’ve removed the target names from displaying on the mini map to make it easier to read, especially when multiple targets are close together.
- Career Inventory Categories
We’ve added categories to the Career Inventory page to make it easier to scroll through your items. This works in the same way as the recent update to the loadout menu.
You can check out the full HITMAN 2 update patch notes and the remaining known issues on the official release note here.
In this month of April, IO Interactive released a total of four major updates for the HITMAN 2. The first one was released on April 4 called the Mumbai Master. To recall, HITMAN 2 March update had brought DX12 Support to PC and New Hantu Port, Singapore.