On Wednesday, May 8, we reported about the listing of Huawei’s first Pop-up camera phone called the Huawei P Smart Z on the Huawei official website in Spain. Now, it looks like another variant of the Huawei P Smart Z called the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 has been officially listed on Huawei’s Global website.
While the new Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 is almost identical to the recently launched Huawei P Smart Z. The only differences the new Huawei Y9 Prime device comes with are its triple rear camera setup instead of the dual rear camera on the Huawei P Smart Z. Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 also comes with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage option but it does not support NFC functionality as you will find on the P Smart Z.
Specifications of the HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019
- SCREEN: 6.59 inches, TFT LCD (LTPS) display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080
- RAM and Storage: 4 GB + 64 GB / 4 GB + 128 GB
- Android 9 Pie based on EMUI 9.0
- SoC: Hisilicon Kirin 710F
- Rear Camera: 16-megapixel primary sensor and an 8-megapixel secondary camera and a 2-megapixel third camera
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel pop-up camera
- NFC: No
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Fingerprint: Rear Mounted
- USB Type-C, no fast charging
HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019 Price and Availability
Huawei on its official listing hasn’t revealed the price of the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019. There is also no availability date of the device. However, Amazon Italy lists the Huawei P Smart Z with a price tag of EUR 279,90, which is around Rs. 21,700 Indian rupees.
So, we can assume the price of the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 to be slightly higher, because of its increased 4GB RAM and 128GB storage and the triple rear camera setup.