AMD has released a new Radeon software adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 update for several of its Radeon and Vega series graphics cards including the top end Radeon VII, Radeon RX Vega Series, AMD Radeon HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics cards and more. Unlike the previous Radeon 19.5.2 Driver Update that brought support for Total War: Three Kingdoms, the new Radeon Adrenalin 19.6.2 update does not bring support for any new game. However, the new 19.6.2 update does bring a fix to Crackdown 3 application or game hang issue on some Radeon R7 370 series graphics cards.
The latest AMD Adrenalin 19.6.2 software update also fixes the performance drop issue across multiple Wireless VR game titles on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics cards.
Below you can find the issues which have been fixed in this AMD Radeon 19.6.2 software update and also the known issues which still needs to be fixed.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 Release Notes
Added Vulkan Support
- Allows resets of queries from the host, rather than on the GPU.
- Gives applications explicit control over exclusive full-screen modes (this is, for instance, useful for HDR support).
- Exposes FreeSync2 capabilities for improved HDR support.
- Separates the usage flags for depth/stencil aspects of a depth/stencil image making it possible to restrict/expand the usage relative to the depth aspect.
- Provides more flexible alignment for uniform buffers, enabling among other things, the usage of std430 layouts in Vulkan.
- Wireless VR may experience performance drops across multiple game titles on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may fail to enable or may be disabled when toggling Radeon Overlay while in game.
- A TDR may occur when exiting some gaming applications that are using DirectX®12 API when multiple displays are connected and in clone mode.
- Microsoft® PIX tool may fail when a GPU is connected using AMD XConnect™ Technology.
- Crackdown™3 may experience an application or game hang on Radeon R7 370 series graphics products.
- Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
- ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
- ACER Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen Processor may experience system instability when upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 using the Custom Clean Installation option.
- Graphics driver may not uninstall correctly when using the express uninstall option on some Ryzen APUs.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 installation package can be downloaded from the link here.