OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro smartphones which were launched running on the Android 9 Pie have now started receiving the Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 based on the latest Android 10 OS. According to the official release note, the Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 based on the Android 10 brings various new features to the two devices. This includes a brand new UI design, new customization feature in the Settings, Screen Gestures, new Game Space feature and a lot more. Check out the full list of the new features included in the latest Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 based on the Android 10 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro below.
OnePlus 7/7Pro Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 Based on the Android 10 Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
- Application compatibility issues
- Low probability of system lag and stability issues
How to Download Latest Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 Based on Android 10 for the OnePlus 7/7 Pro
Note: Before downloading and installing any update on your device nake sure that the battery level on your device is above 30% with a minimum 3GB of available storage space.
In case you haven’t yet received the OTA notification for the latest Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 on your OnePlus 7/7 Pro then you still have one method to download and install the update manually see below.
Note: This upgrade method will not erase data but please be sure to backup first.
1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro from the links below.
2. Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
3. Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top-right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
5. The phone will boot into recovery mode to format user data, it will reboot again after formatting.
6. Update successful.
In case you want to roll back to the previous version of Android 9 Pie then you can rollback by downloading the rollback package and following the steps mentioned here.