On Thursday, Respawn Entertainment finally kicked off the Apex Legends Season 5 – Fortune’s Favor by releasing the Apex Legends Season 5 full patch notes that brought new legend Loba, changes, and updates to Kings Canyon map and introduces Apex’s First Quest called “The Broken Ghost”. The Apex Legends Season 5 also includes weapons and loot updates, change to Octane’s Launch Pad cooldown timing, and tons of bug fixes to the game. Check out more details below.
New Legend Loba
The season 5 kicks of new legend Loba. Check out some of her features below.
Tactical – Burglar’s Best Friend
- Teleport to hard-to-reach places or escape trouble quickly by throwing your Jump Drive bracelet.
Ultimate – Black Market Boutique
- Place a portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot to your inventory. Each friendly or enemy Legend can take up to two items.
Passive – Eye for Quality
- Nearby epic and Legendary loot can be seen through walls.
- The range is the same as Black Market Boutique.
Apex Legends First Quest “The Broken Ghost”
In the new quest, you as Loba with your team will dive into a hidden facility underneath Kings Canyon to find and search for 9 pieces of a mysterious hidden artifact and scape.
You can start a quest by finding the daily Treasure Pack in any competitive match. Completing each quest will get you free weekly drops of new Story, Gameplay, and Rewards along the way.
Apex Legends Season 5 Battle Pass
Apex Legends Season 5 bring new Season 5 Battle Pass. Complete Daily and Weekly challenge to unlock over 100 exclusive items including exclusive Legendary skins, gun charms, skydive emotes, Apex Packs, XP Boosts, load screens, and more.
New Season Tab and Ranked Series 4
Apex Legends Season 5 also introduced new Season Tab where you will find all of your seasonal content including Battle Pass, Quest, Challenges tabs as well as future events. The season 5 also brings new Ranked Series 4 that comes with the same format but additionally introduces a new key feature, Reconnect.
The new Reconnect feature in the Ranked Series 4 will allow you to rejoin your match in progress. “Unexpected”. The feature will simply allow you to rejoin a game that you lost unexpectedly, including crashing, using alt+f4 on PC, or “dashboarding” to close the game on console.
To reconnect, simply restart the game and enter the lobby. The game will automatically attempt to reconnect you if the match is still valid, your squad is still alive, and your chance to reconnect hasn’t timed out. Reconnect will be available for all competitive modes.
Check out the bug fixes made in the Apex Legends Season 5 Below.
- Fixed various conditions causing prediction errors.
- Fixed looting in pillboxes being difficult around weapons.
- Fixed aiming speed during zooming lerp to be consistent with hipfire and ADS speed.
- Fixed disabling Melee Target Compensation.
- Fixed Legend banners having a black box when having AA disabled.
- Fixed a condition where the third character model would be missing on screens with three Legend banners.
- Fixed sometimes erroneously pinging enemies while skydiving or in the plane.
- Fixed exploitable spots against Prowlers in Bloodhound Trial.
- Fixed Prowlers not attacking Gibraltar’s Dome Shield.
- Fixed deathboxes sometimes not moving on the train.
- Fixed subtitles in Russian showing up as English in the Bloodhound Trial area.
- Fixed Havoc VFX while on the train.
- Fixed depth of field when selecting charms in the loadout menu.
- Fixed lighting on Legends sometimes being dark throughout the menus.
- Fixed tooltips not appearing correctly when highlighting items in the menus.
- Fixed the Charge Rifle beam shooting from the scope while using the Hard coded skin.
- Fixed melee not doing any damage when interrupting the Sentinel charge animation.
- Fixed Wingman having higher than normal hipfire accuracy while crouched.
- Fixed Golden Barrel attachment having more muzzle flash than intended.
- Stability fixes to reduce crashing and script errors.
- Crypto’s EMP now affects D.U.M.M.I.E. in the Firing Range.
- Fixed Revenant’s Death Totem being visible through smoke or gas.
- Fixed a few Pathfinder banner poses that caused corrupted art.
- Adjusted Octane’s Jump pad to make it harder to fall through cracks when deploying.
- Fixed Caustic’s Ultimate not deploying when thrown under small surfaces.
- Fixed Bangalore’s smoke canisters getting stuck under the Train.
- We’ve overhauled the Deathbox UI to compartmentalize loot better so you can find what you need faster.
- Crypto can now ping banners while in drone to warn teammates of nearby squads.
- Added voice over for pinging enemies who are reviving.
- Favorite option now available for Weapon Skins.
- Observer Highlights for Tournament Matches.
- Removed location based Weekly Challenges. These caused players to have mixed motivations from their squadmates, and didn’t work well with map rotation.
- Optimized CPU usage.
- Improved texture streaming quality on GPUs reporting less memory than advertised.
- We’re excited to announce that at the start of Season 5 we will be adding Apex servers to the Middle East as we look to further support our fans in the region.
Check out the Apex Legends Season 5 Gameplay Trailer Below.
Check out more details on the season 5 here.