When Gears of War 3 originally came out back in 2011, almost 10 years back. It was only exclusive to the Xbox, including Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. Since the game was an Xbox exclusive, no one has had ever imagined that Gears of War 3 could also appear running on Sony’s PlayStation console.
Now, after all these years, today a mysterious Epic Games made build of Gears of War 3 appeared running on a PS3 console. This might sound weird since Epic Games has never made an announcement that it is working on PS3 build for Gears of War 3, but it’s true. The video was tweeted and later uploaded by a user who goes by the name PixelButts on Twitter.
8 hours of footage of the only official build Gears of War 3 for the PS3.https://t.co/Kgqovw25Ck
— PixelButts (@PixelButts) May 19, 2020
The Gears of War 3 video he posted is around 8 hours long and includes a playthrough of the full Gears of War 3 game on PS3, check it out below.
Gears of War 3 Playthrough Video Running on PS3
Apparently, many didn’t believe that the video he showed is actually running on a PS3 console. However, to clear people’s doubts, PixelButts shared another video showing the Gears of War 3 PS3 Build Booting from XMB which you can watch below.
Gears of War 3 PS3 Build Booting from XMB
PixelButts also pointed out some notable points regarding Gears of War 3 video running on a PS3 console which you can find below.
- “As far as I know I’m also the only person with a working build of this particular data as well. I don’t know why it exists, I don’t know why it was made. All I can do is speculate.“
He also pointed out that,
- The build was currently running on a PS3 Devkit
- It needs fixes to data that I won’t share
- It needs a keyboard since menus are broken
- RPCS3 doesn’t work yet
- It’s not perfect but still more stable
- I’m the only one with a working copy after 9 year
To recall, the Gears of War 3 came out back in 2011 on Xbox 360 and it was developed by Epic Games and published by Microsoft Studios.