The latest Call of Duty Modern Warfare update which was detailed by Activision and Infinity Ward yesterday is now finally live on all platforms. As we have already shared the patch notes for the latest Modern Warfare update in our previous post. The latest Call of Duty Modern Warfare update brings several bug fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations.
The update also brings Call of Duty Endowment “Fearless” Pack, new Gunfight Map, Aisle 9, new Multiplayer Map, Hardhat, Modified Special Operations, Replay existing Operations, and more.
Notably, the update also adds Most Wanted contracts back in Warzone and the fire-throwing knife to restricted equipment for CDL. You can check out the patch notes at the end of the post below.
The latest update for Modern Warfare is live and introduces several bug fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations. Check out the complete patch notes at https://t.co/phKLy4tpYH. Review everything we’re working to fix at https://t.co/aaAXrgzaCr.
— Activision Support (@ATVIAssist) May 20, 2020
Known and Resolved Issues in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Alongside releasing the latest update patch notes for the game. Activision in a separate post also lined down a running list of all issues that have been identified or reported in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare by players. The list also includes a long list of issues that have been resolved now. Some of them, you can find below.
- Dev Error fixes
We resolved the following Dev Errors: 6144, 6080, 6326, 6328, 1109, 5759.
- Obsidian Camo Challenge
The Obsidian Camo Challenge (Kills made with the “No Masters” Combat Knife variant) now tracks progress as intended.
- Use Dead Silence Field Upgrade in three different matches
Players should now be able to complete this Challenge as intended.
- Crossbows with explosive bolts in Gun Game
We fixed progression in Gun Game when using the crossbow with explosive bolts.
- Clan Tag Denied
We’ve resolved an issue preventing some players from creating or changing Clan Tags.
- Self-revive in Warzone
An issue preventing players from self-reviving in Warzone has been resolved.
- Rank dropped to 1
A graphical issue dropping player rank to 1 has been fixed.
- Xbox One update progress
We resolved an issue affecting the update progress bar on Xbox One.
- 170GB update
We fixed a graphical issue related to the download size of our 3/26 update.
You can find a full list of resolved and known issues here.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare May 18th Update
- Call of Duty Endowment “Fearless” Pack is now available!
- New Gunfight Map, Aisle 9!
- New Multiplayer Map, Hardhat!
- Modified Special Operations! Replay existing Operations with a twist! Some enemies may charge more frequently or maybe they can only be taken down with headshots. Check out new Modified Special Operations and earn new rewards each week!
- Infected and Gun Game now feature playlist text to reinforce that KDR and win loss are not affected
- Blueprint variants of Gun Game and Gunfight can now be enabled in custom match advanced options for their respective modes
- Added the fire throwing knife to restricted equipment for CDL
- Fix for the ‘Splash Guard’ shotgun weapon camo not applying properly to the weapon
- Fixed a bug where on occasion, your selected Operator would not appear in the squad walk
- Added a ‘Hold to Use’ option that allows you to choose between a hold or a press for the interaction button on keyboard and mouse
- Adjusted the Monitor Distance Coefficient slider option to maximum value from 2.00 to 5.00
Out of map exploit fixes across various maps
- Fixed a bug where players could take the ATV out of the map on Aniyah Palace
- Fix for an XP exploit in Hardpoint
- Fix for the ‘Time to Reap’ watch not displaying the time
- There is also a fix for the ‘Blue Skies’ watch appearing backwards when worn
- Fix for some players spawning facing a wall while playing FFA on Talsik Backlot
- Demolition: Added VO to alert the defending team a bomb site was destroyed
- One in the Chamber: This mode is now available in custom games!
- Regular Infected playlist now has random care package drops!
- Gun Game Reloaded is now in the Quick Play filter.
- Fix for a bug where a player could become immune to the gas if they were bought back as the final circle was closing
- Fix for a rare bug that left a player in the Gulag until the end of the match
- PC: Fixed an issue where the gas mask overlay could remain on screen after leaving the gas and entering a vehicle
- Removed the option to “Squad Fill” while in BR Solo
- Fix for voice chat sometimes cutting out during a match
- Reduced the RPG kill radius for players with full armor
- Final circle now moves (BR)
- The Most Wanted contract has had the time reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes
- Replaced Shield Turret with Armor Box at Buy Stations (Shield Turret is still in loot)
You can check out the full patch note details here.