Respawn Entertainment today released a new Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order free content update for players. Notably, players will see the latest free content as Jedi Fallen Order update 1.09. The update according to the 1.09 patch notes brings new cosmetics for Cal and BD-1, new game mode hubs Meditation Training which consists of two different modes: Combat Challenges and the Battle Grid.
Notably, the Meditation Training mode is the biggest highlight of the latest 1.09 update and can be accessed from the Meditation points found throughout the game. In each of the new modes Combat Challenges and the Battle Grid, you will be able to combat against all enemies, including bosses.
The update also adds New Journey + mode, which will allow players to replay the game while carrying all of their collectibles from a previous playthrough while abilities will have to be relearned. With the latest update, players will now find a new New Journey + option on the main menu screen. That will also bring them access to the Meditation Training game modes (exclusively available in NJ+).
The latest update 1.09 patch update further brings some additional tweaks and fixes to the game which you can find in the Jedi Fallen Order update 1.09 patch notes below.
Jedi Fallen Order Update 1.09 Patch Notes
- New Journey + added
- Unlocked after beating the game
- All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
- All lightsaber colours are available from the start
- Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
- Inquisitor uniform
- Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
- Red kyber crystal
- Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
- Combat Challenges
- Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
- Battle Grid
- Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
- Cosmetic rewards for BD-1
- Combat Challenges
- Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
- Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
- Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
- Text size scaling options have been added
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Improved transitions between parry and block animations
- The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
- Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
- Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
- Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
- Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback
You can find more details on the latest Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order free content update 1.09 here. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was relaesed last year on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.