Xiaomi today announced that the latest release of the Android 11 Beta 1 update will soon be available for the Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro device. Xiaomi, however, didn’t reveal an exact release date for Android 11 Beta 1 for the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro. To recall, Google released the first beta version of Android 11 Developer Preview earlier today to its Pixel devices starting with the Pixel 2 to Pixel 4XL.
— MIUI (@miuirom) June 11, 2020
If you are interested, you can try out the latest Android 11 Developer Preview build on your pixel device by downloading and installing the OTA package on your Pixel device. To do that, simply follow the steps given below.
Please note that the below steps are only for downloading the OTA device image file manually. If you have an eligible device for the Android 11 Developer Preview update then you will receive the OTA automatically on your device. You can also check for the updates by going to Settings > System > Advanced > System updates.
To install an OTA package to a device, do the following:
- Download an OTA device image from the table here.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode. For more information on putting Pixel devices in this mode, see Reset your Android device to factory settings.
- On the device, select ADB sideload.
- Connect the device to a computer with the Android development environment loaded and the Android Debug Bridge (
adb) tool installed.
- Run the following command: