AMD has released the latest Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Software 21.1.1 update for several of its Radeon RX 6900 XT, RX 6800 XT, Radeon VII and RX Vega series graphics cards. The latest update for the AMD GPUs this time adds support for the Hitman 3 (available now) and Quake II RTX.
According to the update changelogs, Hitman 3 players with an RX 6800 XT graphics card will get a 10% increase in performance while playing at 4K Ultra settings. The latest Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Software 21.1.1 update further brings fixes to a number of issues you can find full update patch notes below.
- Hitman 3
- Up to 10% increase in performance in Hitman 3, @4K Ultra settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 on the 16GB Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card versus the previous driver edition 20.12.1.RS-349
- Quake II RTX
- The recording and streaming overlay indicator may sometimes reset itself to the default position.
- Performance Metrics Overlay size may intermittently reset or may not match values that are set in Radeon Software after performing a task switch.
- The Radeon Software installer screen can sometimes display the incorrect release date of the Radeon Software version you are installing.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may flicker during video playback on displays with HDR enabled.
- Reflections in Grand Theft Auto V may fail to appear when ‘Reflection MSAA’ is enabled in the game settings.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds session timer may continue in Radeon Software even after the game has been exited.
- DOOM Eternal may experience an application crash while gaming and having Steam overlay enabled.
- Recorded content from Radeon Software may appear cropped or recorded at an incorrect resolution on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- The Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120×[email protected]
- Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirectX 9 applications on RDNA graphics products.
- Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Oculus Link users may experience intermittent crashes on Polaris and Vega series graphics products.
There are a number of known issues listed below which AMD still needs to fix.
- Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
- Display flicker or corruption may be experienced when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate.
- Metro Exodus may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX Raytracing enabled.
- Radeon recording and streaming features may fail to enable on AMD Radeon HD 7800 series graphics products.
- Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.