AMD today released the latest Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Software 21.2.1 update for several of its Radeon RX 6900 XT, RX 6800 XT, Radeon VII and RX Vega series graphics cards. The latest update for the AMD GPUs this time adds support for The Medium.
AMD says that the latest Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Software 21.2.1 update adds up to a 9% increase in performance while playing The Medium at 4K high settings, on the 16GB Radeon RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.1.1.
Notably, the latest update further includes several notable bug fixes including a fix for the intermittent application crashes in Metro Exodus when using DirectX Raytracing.
The update also fixes a bug where some users were getting Display flicker or corruption when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate. Check out the full AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 driver update changelogs below.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 Changelogs
- Up to 9% increase in performance in The Medium @ 4K High settings, with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 on the 16GB Radeon RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.1.1. RS-351
- Display flicker or corruption may be experienced when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate.
- Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
- Radeon recording and streaming features may fail to enable on AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 series graphics products.
- Some models may fail to render or may render incorrectly when using SketchUp™ on Radeon RDNA graphics products.
- Some Samsung CRG9 series displays may experience a black screen when waking from sleep.
- Metro Exodus may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX Raytracing enabled.
- Video playback on secondary displays may experience stutter while playing Doom Eternal on the primary display.
The Medium is a psychological horror video game developed by Bloober Team. The game is set for a release date on January 28, 2021 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox Series X/S.