You can be an established business owner or a complete newbie in the world of business- either way, you must have come across these two very prominent website builders known as “Shopify” and “BigCommerce”. They work well in any web browser so the only prerequisite for signing up and starting your business with the help of these two platforms is a stable Internet connection.
Creating an online presence for your online business can be a bit of a hassle and a lot of web development-related hard work. The main job of these tools is to simplify the whole process of developing a workable and attractive website. In this blog, we will talk a little about the differences between the two and then about Shopify to BigCommerce migration.
BigCommerce versus Shopify:
– Pricing of Plans- The range of pricing in these two tools is huge. There are plans priced as low as $29 to as high as $299. Not much difference between the two platforms regarding the pricing of the plans and the features those entail, respectively.
– Available features- The features and services provided by the two sites are mostly identical. But, the products from your online business have a greater chance of landing on product comparison sites when you go with BigCommerce. Shopify may not let you have this benefit.
– Themes and Designs- The free themes and layouts available are similar and equally attractive on both of these sites. The premium themes have a single-time payment requirement which ranges up to $300 on BigCommerce and $200 on Shopify.
Shopify to BigCommerce Migration:
– Data Migration- You can easily migrate your complete database from Shopify to BigCommerce using the Shopify Data Migration App. The replatforming has no effect on your products or the customer records you had saved. Export your database to a CSV file and then import it onto your BigCommerce store.
– Sales and Order Data- Your sales and order data cannot be migrated using the CSV import option. You need to opt for third-party migration apps to be able to do this.
– Customer Reviews- You may use a Product Review Importer app to transfer product reviews that are already present on your Shopify store.
– Customer Details- Name, email address, contact details, and delivery addresses of each of your customers will be transferred from Shopify to BigCommerce when you decide to make the switch. You might need to format the data before importing it to your BigCommerce store to better adapt to its standard format. Do not put more than a couple of hundred products at a time on your CSV file while importing as it may cause some issues and hinder a smooth Shopify migration.
Both have been in this business for years and have been delivering flawless and top-notch service to their customers all throughout. Since they are at par with each other, business owners oftentimes face a lot of trouble trying to figure out what will work best for them. You can weigh your needs and choose accordingly. Read more about Shopify to Bigcommerce Migration here.