Alfred Hitchcock Vertigo is an upcoming adventure video game developed by the Spanish company Pendulo Studios and published by Microids. The game was earlier set for a release this year in 2021. But now, the console version has been delayed to the next year in 2022. Now, the game for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch will launch next year. However, the PC version of Alfred Hitchcock Vertigo is still planned for release via Steam in 2021.
The dev has also released Alfred Hitchcock’s Vertigo official game trailer which you can watch below from IGN.
The trailer introduces the writer Ed Miller, a car accident survivor suffering from intense vertigo. Convinced he just lost his wife and daughter in the crash, Ed starts therapy and reluctantly begins confiding in with a psychiatrist: doctor Julia Lomas. Julia will have to fight against Ed’s reluctance to dive deep into his memory and find out the hidden truth.
Game Features via Steam:
- An original story about obsession, manipulation, and madness, inspired by Alfred Hitchcock’s masterpiece Vertigo.
- Live a powerful narrative experience paying tribute to the visual and storytelling techniques of the thriller genre.
- Investigate through the vision of three characters: everyone has a different story to tell.
- Explore several timelines to cross-check the events and separate reality from deceptive memories.
- Developed by the award-winning adventure game studio Pendulo Studios.
You can also preorder now the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game that includes Faye and Petronius the cat avatars as pre-order bonuses.