Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Update 54480 is now available to download on PC. According to the latest Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition 54480 patch notes, the latest update kick starts the October Event, adds new Maps, and activates Spectator chat in the game. Apart from this, the latest update also brings lots of bug fixes, balance changes, new co-op contents, and much more.
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition starts this year’s October Event which sounds spooky. The October event brings the following:
- Unlock a Decoration for the Town Center!
- Unlock three new Halloween-themed profile icons!
- Unlock a knight with a Halloween style pumpkin head!
With the latest update, you will also be able to unlock the following new exclusive rewards for completing the in-game tasks within a given time limit.
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Update 54480 Patch Notes
Stability & Performance
- Optimized achievement synchronization after start up.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when downloading a mod with an excessively long name.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when accepting a steam invite to a password protected game when the “You are victorious” message is displayed after a Multiplayer game and then choosing Leave Map.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to join a lobby while the Lobby Browser is refreshing.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing the game’s language in the options while having certain mods installed.
- Fixed various crashes that could occur when the system is running out of memory.
- Fixed a desync issue that could occur in Multiplayer games which contained AI players, such as Coop Historical Battles.
- Optimized the Mod download process from the in-game Mod Center to allow for greatly improved download speeds.
- Selecting the Maximize button in Window Mode now keeps the Window Mode format and doesn’t change the setting to Full Screen.
- Disbanding a Clan after creating it and then entering the Profile menu will no longer cause the menu to freeze.
- Fixed an issue with the “Sheep Hoarder” achievement where, under specific circumstances, it didn’t always recognize all sheep that the player owned.
- The “90kg Over 300 Meters” and “Anyone Order a Pizza?” now unlock as expected.
- Male Lithuanian villagers will no longer rarely use the Lithuanian Monk’s voice.
- The frequency of animal noises across all biomes is now lower, the volume levels for sounds relevant to Desert biomes has been decreased to better match that of other biomes.
- The way Obuch attack sounds play in large battles has been improved.
- The Dawn of the Dukes DLC campaign selection screen now has an updated map background.
- MVP badges in the post-game Statistics screen are no longer awarded to more than one player from the same team.
- Building Armor is now also displayed for building foundations.
- It is now possible to select and delete multiple saved game files at once.
- The Sicilian Tech Tree now properly shows Siege Onagers as an available option.
- Pressing any letter on the keyboard in the Civilization Selection window automatically selects the first civilization starting with that letter, pressing it again will cycle through until returning to the first option again.
- The Tech Tree now displays the appropriate War Galley research cost in the Fire Ship and Demolition Ship tooltips.
- It is no longer possible to overwrite an existing savegame file while the list of files is loading.
- Fixed an issue where the initial notification players see when receiving or sending tributes was often truncated.
- When spectating a game or viewing a recorded game the Research Panel now remembers whether it had been enabled/disabled last and displays as such. It’s enabled by default.
- When spectating a game or viewing a recorded game the Chat Menu can now be opened to view chat history.
- All units which can be selected together by double click are now also considered the same units when (de)selecting them on the UI using shift click.
- Entering the Campaign selection from the Main Menu no longer occasionally shows a black background.
- The “Total Games” statistic in the Player Profile now displays the correct number of games.
- Converted Folwarks now display their Building Range Indicator properly.
- The Building Range Indicator now properly displays for the Fire Tower.
- The Ranked Leaderboards screen now displays the proper amount of required games that still need to be played until the player is ranked in the selected mode.
- Cleaned up and clarified various error messages which can display under specific circumstances.
- In-game chat is now visible to spectators.
- Villagers can no longer drop carried resources by garrisoning into Kreposts.
- Multiple monks converting an enemy unit will now correctly all lose their faith if Theocracy hasn’t been researched yet.
- Serjeants no longer walk to building foundations other than Donjons when villagers which were selected together with them were tasked to construct them.
- Houfnice units placed in the scenario editor are now able to use the Attack Ground command as intended.
- Fixed certain technologies being (unintentionally) non-stackable in x256 techs mode.
The full patch notes details and changes can be found here.