In Minecraft apart from melee weapons which are mostly used in close combat. There are several weapons that fall in the ranged weapons in Minecraft. These weapons are quite good when you want to hit your enemy from a distance and not from getting close. The ranged weapons list in Minecraft includes several weapons including Bows, Crossbow, Fireballs, etc. The list of ranged weapons in Minecraft is as follows.
Ranged Weapons in Minecraft
- Splash Potions or Lingering Potions with the Instant Damage, Poison, or Wither
- Snowballs and Eggs
That’s the list of all the ranged weapons you can find and craft in Minecraft. But, today, in this post I will be talking about the Minecraft Crossbow. So, let’s dive in.
Crossbow is one of the main ranged weapons in Minecraft. Crossbow in Minecraft is similar to the Bows that can be used with arrows or fireworks as ammunition. However, unlike Bows, a Crossbow takes longer to load but at the same time, it’s also slightly more powerful and accurate than Bows.
Notably, Crossbow takes around 1.25 seconds (25 ticks) to load. But its charging time can be reduced with the Quick Charge enchantment.
How to get a Crossbow?
Getting a crossbow is Minecraft easy. Through the following ways, you can get a crossbow.
- By Crafting
- By killing Pillagers
- By killing Piglins
- Trading- you can get a crossbow by purchasing it from Fletcher villagers who sell the crossbow for 3 emeralds (a rare mineral that is used primarily as the currency for trading with villagers and wandering traders).
How to Use a Crossbow in Minecraft?
A Crossbow in Minecraft can be used to fire arrows or firework rockets but only after it is fully charged. If the Crossbow is partially charged then you won’t be able to fire an arrow or firework. You can also charge a Crossbow in advance and can use it later for a quickfire.
How to Make or Craft Crossbow in Minecraft?
A crossbow can be craft utilizing a number of materials on the crafting table. The ingredients you will need to craft a crossbow in Minecraft are given in the following steps.
In order to craft a crossbow you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 Sticks
- 1 Iron Ingot
- 2 String
- 1 Tripwire Hook
Now, when you have all these ingredients, simply put them on the crafting table as shown in the image below.
- Open the crafting table and place two sticks on either side of the first row and an iron ingot between them
- Then place a tripwire hook in the center of the 3×3 grid followed by two strings on either side of the tripwire hook
- Finally, on the third and last row place a stick in the middlebox
How to repair a Crossbow in Minecraft?
A crossbow can be repaired in two ways using the Anvil or Grindstone block. Anvil is a block that is used to repair or rename items, and combine enchantments. While on the other hand, a Grindstone block is used to repairs items and tools as well as removing enchantments from items.
Using the first method, you can simply repair a crossbow by simply placing two crossbows in a grindstone. This will add the two crossbows’ durabilities together. You can also simply place the two crossbows together on a crafting table.
You can also use the mending enchantment as the second way to repair a crossbow.
Check out other Minecraft guides.
- How to Make a Grindstone in Minecraft
- What is Anvil in Minecraft, How to Make or Craft It?
- How to Make a Conduit in Minecraft
- Minecraft Crossbow: All You Need to Know
- What Does SMP and SSP Mean in Minecraft?
- Minecraft Color Codes – Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Error in Minecraft
- Planet Minecraft: The Largest Minecraft Community on the Internet