The Counter-Strike 2 patch released on February 7th, 2024, introduced a variety of bug fixes and adjustments across different aspects of the game, focusing on stickers, smoke, sound, networking, animation, UI, maps, and other miscellaneous areas. Here’s a summary of the key changes:
- Stickers: Issues where AMD graphics users couldn’t move stickers and custom offsets not rendering correctly were fixed.
- Smoke: The update included various bug fixes and tweaks related to smoke.
- Sound: A performance bug with certain microphone setups was addressed.
- Networking: The ability to change
cl_interpdirectly was removed to prevent rubber-banding caused by scripts.
- Animation: Fixes were applied to the Kukri knife inspect animation and an issue where a player holding an incendiary grenade would show fire effects at their feet.
- UI: The XP Overload icon was removed from the kill feed, weapon/finish names will now be shown instead of custom names during swaps, and a bug with inspecting gloves was fixed.
- Maps: On Vertigo, a gap in world geometry at Crane was fixed among other adjustments.
- Miscellaneous: The update addressed a bug with keyboard input from non-English layouts and various crash fixes.
Additionally, improvements were made to maps such as Inferno, Ancient, Anubis, Overpass, Mirage, Nuke, Vertigo, Italy, and Office, focusing on player visibility, collision adjustments, and fixing gaps in world geometry.
For a detailed look at all the changes, including specific adjustments to maps and other aspects of the game, you can refer to the full patch notes below:
Counter-Strike 2 February 7 Full Patch Notes for 2/7/2024
[ STICKERS ]
- Fixed a bug where AMD graphics users couldn’t move stickers
- Stickers with custom offsets will now render properly when inspecting other items in-game from Steam Community Market and Steam Inventory
[ SMOKE ]
- Various bug fixes and tweaks
[ SOUND ]
- Fixed a performance bug with certain microphone setups
[ NETWORKING ]
- cl_interp can no longer be changed directly. Some players had scripts that were setting this to a large value, leading to very bad rubber-banding. The interpolation amount can be adjusted through the “Buffering to smooth over packet loss” setting instead
[ ANIMATION ]
- Fixed a bug with the Kukri knife inspect animation
- Fixed a bug where a player holding an incendiary grenade would sometimes show fire effects at their feet
[ UI ]
- Removed XP Overload icon from the kill feed
- The swap weapon prompt will now show the weapon/finish name rather than the custom name
- Fixed a bug with switching background maps while inspecting gloves
[ MAPS ]
- Fixed a gap in world geometry at Crane
[ MISC ]
- Fixed a bug with keyboard input from non-English keyboard layouts
- Various crash fixes.