With the release of the iPhone 5 this year, it came as no surprise the iPhone 4 would replace the 3GS as the entry level model for Apple’s iPhone series. Apple are looking to appease 3GS owner’s by allowing it to support the latest iOS 6, but the 3GS series is well and truly dead. This announcement means the iPhone 4 has now become the cheapest model for those wishing to purchase a brand new iPhone. This means that an iPhone that is a mere two years old is now made more affordable for those wishing to get their hands on an iPhone.
But who offers the best value for the latest affordable iPhone; here we take a look at the prices available for a 18 month iPhone 4 16GB contract
Vodafone offer the very most for your buck with various deals suited to your personal taste and lifestyle requirements.
- For as little as £31, you can receive 100 call minutes, 500 texts and 250MB of data per month with a handset fee of £139.95
- However for those who require more data you can receive a free handset for £67 per month. This entitles you to 3000 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data. This is perhaps the most mouth-watering deal Vodafone has to offer and for those able to afford it is the ideal contract for someone who demands high data usage.
Orange offer only the one form of tariff with a 16GB handset but do have a significantly better deal than Vodafone’s cheapest tariff.
- On a £45 a month contract and a handset fee of £99, you will be entitled to 1200 minutes, 500 texts and a hefty 750MB of data to use per month.
Similar to Vodafone, O2 have a wide range of tariffs available to choose from but are more expense than their rivals with their handset fees.
- The cheapest monthly tariff of £27 but with an eye-watering handset fee of £231.95 you see you receive 100 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB. Possibly the best tariff in the long run for those able to afford the initial handset fee.
- Those requiring more data can opt for O2’s best offer on hand and choose the monthly rate of £47 and handset fee £79. With 900 minutes, unlimited texts and 750MB it makes an ideal choice for those expecting the very most from their handset’s capabilities and heavy data use.
Why the 16GB iPhone 4?
The 16GB, although a more expensive handset fee, offers you the most of what the iPhone 5 is capable of. The constant iOS updates mean that a certain portion of your iPhones memory, no matter what the model, will be taken up by these updates. The 16GB offers you a more than ample cushion for those updates as well as for your music, streaming and app requirements. The 8GB model would be mainly aimed at those wishing not to use the iPhone for heavy use or just for calls or text messaging.
When is the best time to opt for an Iphone 4 contract?
With the iPhone 5 expected to have another updated model in the latter part of the new year it is wise to wait until the January sales window. This is also the best time to choose which tariff you want as networks battle it out for dominance in the phone market.
Bill Byrnes has waited until now to get an iphone and some of the iphone 4 contract deals available in the UK look tempting
This article is contributed by Bill Byrnes and posted by Rizwan Ahmad
Author and founder of www.cyberockk.com, He is a tech blogger from India and he
loves to share his thoughts by writing articles on this site to the different
topics related to technology world,