Epic Games have just dropped a new Fortnite content update v8.20 for fans. The latest content update v8.20 for Fortnite brings a brand new Explosive Boom Bow weapon, a Sniper Shootout LTM and more. The v8.20 update also brings various in-game bug fixes, improvements and also increases the Peppers duration from 10 seconds to 20 seconds and also movement speed bonus from 20% to 40%.
Notably, Fortnite v8.20 update was released last week, that brought new Floor is Lava LTM Mode, Poison Dart Trap and New Foraged Items to the Fortnite. The latest v8.20 content update will now bring the following contents to the game.
Below you can find the full patch notes of the latest Fortnite content update v8.20.
- Archery can be a blast! Nock enemies in a whole new way with this explosive new weapon.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout
- In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles.
- May the best aim win!
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawners reduced by 50%
- Reviving “Down But Not Out” teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated – be careful peeking!
Weapons + Items
- Boom Bow
- Fires Arrows with a Shotgun Shell tip, which explode on impact.
- Uses Shotgun Ammo
- The longer you hold the fire keybind down, the stronger the shot! This increases both projectile speed and direct impact damage.
- Explosive damage is consistent regardless of the power of the shot.
- The Boom Bow will achieve maximum power after 1.6 seconds of charging.
- A direct hit will deal both the direct hit damage and the explosion damage to the enemy player it impacts.
- Direct hit
- Base damage 15
- Headshot Multiplier: 2x
- 100 damage
- Direct hit
- Increased duration from 10 seconds to 20 seconds
- Increased movement speed bonus from 20% to 40%
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue for Duos when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to not be promoted to the next division while playing in Duos with a player in a higher division.
- Note: Hype was still being earned correctly, this was a visual issue only.
- Fixed an issue where players in Duos were charged Bus Fare based on the party leaders division, rather than their own.