Super Mario Maker 2 will be launched on June 28 exclusively on Nintendo Switch. During the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct live stream on Wednesday, May 15. Nintendo shared a lot of details and features coming to the Super Mario Maker 2 including new Courses maker where you can create courses of your choices and can share it with your friends and play as a Co-op. The game will also allow you to play as a single-player Story Mode where you will play and build-in courses to rebuild Princess Peach’s castle and save her.
Super Mario Maker 2 will also bring a new co-op mode where you can play creating new courses of your choice and share it with your friends. The new Super Mario Maker 2 co-op mode will allow you to play with up to four players at a time. However, to play the co-op and to share the courses with your friends you will need Nintendo Switch Online membership that starts with $3.99/Month and goes up to $19.99 for a year.
You can also go with Super Mario Maker 2 + Nintendo Switch Online Bundle that includes a 12-month Individual Membership for Nintendo Switch Online!. With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can also tackle Endless Challenge, save online courses locally for later offline play
With Super Mario Maker 2 single-player Story Mode you will have access to over 100 built-in courses. The mode also includes Course maker which has a wide range of parts, tools, and more which will allow you to construct your own courses.
- “Super Mario Maker 2 puts the power of creating unique Super Mario courses into the hands of the player,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Video game fans of all ages have more tools than ever to help them stretch their imaginations as they make, play and share the Super Mario courses of their dreams.”
Nintendo has shared tons of other details about what you can do in the upcoming Super Mario Maker 2. You can check out the video below to more.
According to the video, you will be able to do the following things in the game using new course parts, tools, and features in Super Mario Maker 2.
- Slopes – You will be able to create angled surfaces and gentler slopes in the game
- Angry Sun – The angry sun from Super Mario Bros. 3 game is back in the upcoming Super Mario Maker 2.
- ON/OFF Switch – You will be able to ON/OFF Switch, and all the red and blue blocks in the course will swap!
- Water Level – In Super Mario Maker 2 you will also be able to adjust the water level in the Forest theme.
- Co-op Making: Pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend to create a course together, side by side.
- To Be Continued…: There are more secrets in Super Mario Maker 2.
There are lots of other tools and features for players to experiment in the upcoming Super Mario Maker 2.