Focus Home Interactive has released the Insurgency: Sandstorm 1.3 update that brings new indoor focused CQB map called “Ministry”, a new zombie-inspired cooperative Arcade game mode “Frenzy”, two new assault rifles, XP gain on community servers, and more. New players can also try out the Insurgency: Sandstorm during the Steam Free Weekend which starts 10 am PST Thursday, June 20th to 10 am PST Monday, June 24th.
Insurgency: Sandstorm 1.3 Update Brings New Map Ministry, XP Gain, Co-op mode: “Frenzy”, New QBZ-03 and VHS-2 Assault Rifle and More
Notably, Ministry is a remastered version of one of the most popular maps from the original Insurgency game. The Ministry map is playable in Firefight, Skirmish, Team Deathmatch, Checkpoint, and Hardcore Checkpoint game modes with Coop game modes that will be available added later.
The Insurgency: Sandstorm 1.3 update also includes a brand new Coo-op Arcade game mode ‘Frenzy Checkpoint,’. The new mode is Checkpoint based mode with zombie-inspired enemies who run fast and attack you in melee or with Molotovs.
The update 1.3 also brings two new weapons including the VHS-2 and the QBZ-03 assault rifles as well as new Optics and Cosmetics. In Addition, the latest Insurgency: Sandstorm 1.3 update also brings tons of bug fixes, improves the user’s experience, optimization and several new video settings. You can check out the Insurgency: Sandstorm 1.3 update patch notes below.
Insurgency: Sandstorm 1.3 Update Patch Notes
- New Map: “Ministry”
- XP can now be earned on community servers:
- New Co-op Arcade Game mode: “Frenzy”
- New Weapons:
- Chinese QBZ-03 assault rifle
- Croatian VHS-2 assault rifle
- New Optics:
- 1x MRO “Micro Red Dot” for Security faction.
- 1x MARS for the Insurgent faction.
- New Cosmetics:
- CROPAT camouflage for Security Uniform Camouflage, Headgear, and Hands cosmetic items.
- New Video Settings
- Reduced hitching from player spawning.
- Optimized particles which occur frequently during gameplay including footstep dust kick up, third person muzzle flashes and bullet impacts.
- Disabled dynamic shadows being created from multiple breakable components for smaller breakable props.
- Hit detection system changes:
- Tutorial experience improvements for first time players:
- Hardcore Checkpoint is now accessed directly from the new “Featured” section of the Play menu as “Hardcore Coop” rather than through the default Coop queue.
- Fixes an issue where many players using VoIP would cause temporary audio cutouts for players.
- Fixed an issue where bullets were not registering correctly with players and AI enemies when playing with a high enough (200+ ms) ping.
- Fixed an issue causing vehicles and their turrets to jitter strongly while moving.
If you want you can check out the Insurgency: Sandstorm 1.3 Update detailed patch notes here.