EA has released a new Apex Legends patch 1.18 update on all platforms including PC, PS4 and Xbox One. With the latest patch for the Apex Legends EA also kicks off the new event for Apex Legends called Voidwalker. The new event will kick off starting September 3 and will run until September 17. The new event according to the official note will bring lots of awesome content to the game, including a new town takeover, a limited-time mode, challenges, and more.
The latest Apex Legends patch 1.18 also brings double XP weekends for Top 5 that will be live on September 6 and end on September 9. Patch 1.18 also brings a new limited-time mode called Armed and Dangerous and several bug fixes. Check out the latest Apex Legends 1.18 patch notes below.
Apex Legends Patch 1.18 Update for PC, PS4 and Xbox.
WRAITH TOWN TAKE OVER
A mysterious research site has been unearthed in Kings Canyon that was used as part of Project: Wraith, including a functioning prototype portal.
EXCLUSIVE EVENT CHALLENGES
Complete a variety of challenges to earn exclusive skins and Wraith-themed content. All challenges and rewards will be limited to the 2 week event.
DIRECT PURCHASE SHOP
New Event Limited cosmetics including the Wraith Voidwalker Legendary skin for 1,800 Apex Coins. Additional themed cosmetics are included ranging from 500 to 1000 Apex Coins.
- Double XP for Top 5 and Wins Weekend
- From 10:00 a.m. PT on September 6 to 10:00 a.m. PT on September 9, players will earn double XP for Top 5 finishes and wins. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.
- Limited-Time Mode – Armed and Dangerous
- Shotguns and Snipers only
- Enabled Guns: Mozambique, Peacekeeper, EVA-8, Longbow, G7, Triple Take
- Attachments not used by Snipers or Shotguns are disabled
- Gold variants of weapons spawn in High Tier loot zones and in airdrops
- Kraber and Mastiff loot values are tuned so they spawn in late-game airdrops and very rarely as ground loot (1-2 per game each)
- Reduced Armor
- Disabled Loot: Armor (Blue/Purple/Gold), Helmets (Blue/Purple/Gold)
- Spawn rate for Common Armor and Helmets is reduced.
- Ground Loot Drop Chances are reduced by 45% (Supply Bins are not affected by this)
- Bullet Counts and Stacks are modified
- Light Rounds: 16 per drop, 32 per inventory slot
- Energy Rounds: 16 per drop, 32 per inventory slot
- Heavy Rounds: 7 per drop, 14 per inventory slot
- Shotgun Rounds: 7 per drop, 28 per inventory slot
- Overall, loot density is reduced, but ammo/weapon spawn rates are increased and stack sizes are increased to offset the loot scarcity and allow players to have enough ammo to not discourage combat.
- Increased spawn rates for syringes to compensate for lower loot density.
- Reduced spawn rates for shield batteries to match rarity of armor.
- Shotguns and Snipers only
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a player’s reward would not display properly after completing a challenge that awards crafting metals.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players would see a different rare skin equipped to the Legend they are spectating when hanging from a ledge.
- Fixed some issues related to script errors.
- [Xbox] Fixed issue where sometimes players would have issues connecting to a match at the same time as their party forcing them to join Legend Select late with Legends already locked.
- [PS4] code fixes to address crashes related to out of memory issues.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players would still be in an out of bounds state when they are not actually out of bounds.
You can check out the full official Apex Legends 1.18 patch notes here.