Activision has announced several big announcements for its upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game set for a release date on October 25 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. As part of the latest announcement, Activision and Infinity Ward have announced some big changes coming to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. One of the big change that players will see is the removal of Battle Pass System that has been part of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for years.
However, Activision has announced that there will be a new Battle Pass System that will allow players to earn COD Points.
Notably, with the new Battle Pass System, there will be no loot boxes and supply drops systems. Instead, the new Battle Pass system will allow players to see the content that they are earning or buying.
In addition, in new Battle Pass system players will get both a Free Stream and a Premium Stream of content.
However, Activision has said that the new Battle Pass system won’t be available at the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on October 25. Instead, players can expect the new Battle Pass to be available later this year.
Below you can find the changes Activision has announced for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Introducing crossplay to unite the community across platforms for the first time.
- Removing Season Pass and a la carte DLC multiplayer map packs to ensure everyone can play together.
- Delivering free post-launch multiplayer maps and modes for all players.
- Releasing post-launch multiplayer maps and modes simultaneously on all platforms.
- We are introducing a new Battle Pass system, not a loot box system
- All functional content that has an impact on game balance, such as base weapons and attachments, can be unlocked simply by playing the game.
- The new Battle Pass system will allow players to see the content that they are earning or buying.
- With the new Battle Pass system, players will be able to earn COD Points by playing the game.
- There will be both a Free Stream and a Premium Stream of content in the Battle Pass System in Modern Warfare.
- The Battle Pass and the In-Game Store will feature a variety of cosmetic content that does not impact game balance.
With the above changes, all the post-launch multiplayer maps and modes will be available for free for all players. The game will also support cross-play and cross-progression across all platforms.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 will be released on October 25 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
You can also check out our previous post here to know more about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 Price, Editions and Availability.