Nvidia alongside the latest GeForce game ready driver also released the Quake II RTX v1.2 update. Nvidia says that the latest Quake II RTX v1.2 update will further improve graphical fidelity and introduces new configuration options.
The Quake II RTX v1.2 update also adds over 400 textures to brings improvements to image quality and rendering of metals. Nvidia also shared a number of screenshots to show the improved rendering and image quality in the game.
It also improves the underwater reflections and refractions of god rays making the water look more realistic. With its real-time ray-traced graphics, the update improves scene detail and immersion.
To recall, Nvidia released Quake II RTX remaster with Nvidia’s real-time ray-tracing support launched this year in June. Notably, Quake II RTX is the remastered version of the original 1997 classic Quake II game.
Quake II RTX Remaster With Nvidia Real-Time Ray-Tracing Support is available for players to download with the first three levels of the game for free via the Steam.
If you already have the Quake II RTX installed on you PC then your download for the Quake II RTX v1.2 update will automatically start.
Below you can find all the changes which have been made in the latest Quake II RTX v1.2 update.
Quake II RTX v1.2 Update New Features:
- Added support for dynamic resolution scaling that adjusts rendering resolution to meet an FPS target.
- Added support for multiple reflections or refraction bounces.
- Adds light colouring by tinted glass.
- Adds support for security camera views on some monitors in the game.
- Added god rays in reflections and refractions, improved god rays filtering.
- Added a spatial denoiser for the specular channel.
- Added support for loading custom sky (portal) light meshes from .obj files, and added portal light definitions for many maps in the base game.
- Added triangular lights for laser beams: https://github.com/NVIDIA/Q2RTX/issues/43
- Added “shader balls” to the shipping builds.
- Added cvar `pt_accumulation_rendering_framenum` to control how many frames to accumulate in the reference mode.
- Added cvar `pt_show_sky` to make analyzing skybox geometry easier.