As announced earlier last month, Epic Games today finally kicked off the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 as part of the latest Fortnite patch 2.57 update on Consoles, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android devices. However, the PC players will see the latest patch with patch ver. number 12.00. The Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 kicks off with a boom as it brings lots of new contents, limited time operation, exotic new locations to discover though of the island and new battle pass to the Fortnite Battle Royal game.
Below you can find the main highlights of Fortnite Update 2.57 Patch Notes Chapter 2 Season 2 what new contents have been added to the battle royal mode.
PLAY SPY GAMES
THE ISLAND HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY COVERT OPERATIVES -GHOSTANDSHADOW- AND ITS FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS.WILL YOU JOIN THE FIGHT?
Discover Top Secret Locations
Discover exotic new locations throughout the island! Go off-the-grid and discover the new POI hideouts in the map.
Join Limited Time Operations
Infiltrate enemy bases, neutralize the henchmen guards and face off against their leader to snag unique and powerful weapons.
As always with the new season and battle pass, Epic Games also brings lots of bug fixes to the game. And this time, the latest Fortnite 2.57 Patch update also brings a host of bug fixes and improvements to Save the World and Creative modes.
Since I can’t putt the full list of changes made into the latest patch, I will only drop here the fixes which have been made as part of the latest Fortnite 2.57 Patch update below.
SAVE THE WORLD:
“Some of our schematics needs some major tune ups, so time to fire up the forge!
We’ve made some serious enhancements to many ranged weapons. Most notably shotguns, snipers, bows, grenade launchers, and some of our older weapons. These weapons should be much more powerful now.
Speaking of Bows… I’ve tightened their strings so their projectiles should travel faster than ever. I’m making some further adjustments to the Boom Bow, Vacuum Tube Bow, and Vindertech Seeker as well.
The Boom Bow was recalibrated to have lower base impact, damage, and projectile speed, but now deals even higher damage when fully charged. Make them count!
The Vacuum Tube Bow now triggers its lightning on hit, rather than elimination and has a longer lightning range. Only 2 Targets? No problem! The lightning will now bounce between both of them multiple times as long as they’re in range.
I’ve improved the Vindertech Seeker’s homing arrows with significantly better accuracy and reliability. They can also hit husks at a much larger distance.
Additionally, some small impact changes were made to the following:
- RetroScifi Assault
- Neon LMG
- Neon Assault
- RetroSciFi Pistol
- Tiny Instrument of Death
- Zap Zap
- The Southeast Amplifier in Twine Peaks Outpost Endurance will never be attacked from the North, eliminating overlapping spawns.
- Neon Sniper no longer has a distorted scope when using aim down sights.
- Crafting materials are properly returned when recycling Defender Pads.
- Weak Spots are now working properly when struck by a pickaxe.
- “A” button works correctly when using the emote wheel at the end of a mission on Xbox controllers.
- Jilly Teacup can be placed in the collection book without being evolved.
Epic has also mentioned that changes are coming to Team Rumble:
- All weapons blue or better
- Bandages removed
- Glider redeployment now a free ability (doesn’t take a slot)
- 150/150/150 mats granted at match start
- Skill-based matchmaking turned off
- Increased elim goal to 125
New Hub Islands
Two new Hub islands to allow for more options for creating your dream Hub.
- Added 3 New Islands:
- The Shark – A sandy island with a secret base.
- Flat Grid Hub – A flat grid island used to design featured hubs.
- Floating Island Hub – A floating island used to design featured hubs.
- Fixed an issue where a tree was sticking halfway through the ground, on Horseshoe Island.
- Fixed an issue where the lava, on Caldera Island, was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where editing Player Built Structures would increase the thermometer memory taken up by those items.
- Fixed an issue where Sun and Moon lighting would not respect island Fog settings on Mobile devices.
- Added team rotation support for 2-asymmetric-team games.
- Fixed an issue where players would get blocked from walking over terrain pieces on player built islands.
- Fixed an issue where Shockwave Grenades would destroy particles.
- Fixed an issue where devices would not appear properly when players would scrub through Creative Replays
- Fixed an issue where players would not return to the hub when the island owner leaves the server.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Added the Creepin’ Cardboard Consumable.
- The consumable allows players to place up to 5 cardboard boxes, to hide in during gameplay.
- Recharges over time.
- Fixed players being unable to be shot after canceling the disguise of a small prop.
- Fixed the prop gun manager option “Prevent Cancelling Disguise” so when enabled the user cannot unequip the prop gun to cancel the disguise.
- Fixed the prop gun so you can now unequip it while in disguise as a prop and locked.
- Chug Splashes no longer get stuck when thrown into the water.
You can check out the full details on the latest release of Fortnite 2.57 Patch Notes with Chapter 2 Season 2 here.