Devolver Digital and No Code announced recently the release date of the console versions (PS4 and Xbox One) of Stories Untold , an experimental adventure game based on the narrative already available from February 2017 on PC via Steam and Epic Games Store and Nintendo Switch.
Stories Untold will be officially available on PS4 and Xbox One from tomorrow, October 27th. On the occasion of the announcement, a new trailer was released, visible below.
Check the overview of the title, via Steam below:
Stories Untold is a narrative-driven experimental adventure game that bends the genre into something completely unique. Combining a mix of classic text-adventure, point-and-click and more, four short stories are packaged together into a single mysterious anthology that has been described as “a fantastic, fascinating example of interactive visual storytelling” (Telegraph, 5/5) and earning widespread critical acclaim since release.
The game pulls together 80s retro nostalgia, innovative and experimental genre-defying gameplay, and tense, phycological horror to create “one of the most fascinating and unique tales you can play this year” (GameSpew, 9/10).
Stories Untold was developed by No Code, a Glasgow based ex-AAA development team headed up by Jon McKellan (Alien: Isolation) and Omar Khan.
- Four unique stories, with their own settings, gameplay and mechanics.
- Play mind-bending text adventures, process radio transmissions and conduct experiments on bizarre artifacts
- Gorgeous retro-aesthetic brings back vivid memories, or a glimpse into what was.
- Sublime synth-wave horror soundtrack, inspired by 80s horror soundtracks.
- Achievements to unlock, and narrative secrets to discover
- Genre-hopping: from psychological horror, to tense mystery and terrifying sci-fi; Stories Untold is truly “four stories, one nightmare”.