IO Interactive earlier today revealed a lot of new details about Hitman 3 as a Pre-launch guide. The Pre-launch guide shared by IO Interactive includes details on Hitman 3 release date and exact time, Pre-load, Day One Patch, Game Size, Hitman 3 editions, Next-gen Upgrade, Pre-order Bonus, Progression Carryover only from Hitman 2, and much more. In the post below, I detailed everything IO shared today as part of the Hitman 3 Pre-launch guide.
Hitman 3 release date and exact time, Pre-load, Day One Patch, Game Size, Hitman 3 editions, Next-gen Upgrade, Pre-order Bonus, Progression Carryover, and much more.
HITMAN 3 will release on 20 January 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Stadia, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The game will also be available for Nintendo Switch on the same date 20 January. However, the Switch version of the HITMAN 3 will only be available playable via cloud streaming technology.
Hitman 3 Release Time
HITMAN 3 will release simultaneously on all platforms at 13:00 UTC on 20 January 2021. To see the exact release time in your timezone, follow this link.
IO has confirmed that players will be able to pre-load HITMAN 3 on PlayStation and Xbox platforms. However, the pre-load option won’t be available for PC players but players will be able to download the game on the release date mentioned above.
Also, note that (PS4 and PS5 owners in Asia, please note that HITMAN 3 will not be available for pre-order or pre-load. This is due to recent changes in the age rating systems in those regions.)
Day One Patch
Notably, HITMAN 3 will require a day one patch for all disc users, however, the day one patch will be automatically applied to digital players. This patch will include access to the VR mode for PlayStation users and will include the remaining locations that are not included on the disc.
Hitman 3 game file size has been revealed to be approximately 60-70 GB of storage space on all platforms, except for the Nintendo Switch and Stadia as they both didn’t require a disk or storage in order to play the game.
The Hitman 3 download file will also include the content required to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 – but you are still required to own/purchase access to those games.
Hitman 3 Editions, Pre-order Bonus, and Pricing Details
Hitman 3 will be available in two different editions Standard and Deluxe edition. Below you can find the price of each edition, pre-order bonus content, and what each edition of the Hitman 3 includes in our previous post here.
Progression Carryover to Hitman 3 Between Different Platforms
Progression Carryover from HITMAN 2 to Hitman 3 game was also revealed earlier this month when IO Interactive officially revealed all the 6 locations of the Hitman 3 game. Now, the dev has gone into more details, about the Progression Carryover for the Hitman 3.
The dev has confirmed that all current HITMAN 2 players will be able to carryover their hard-earned progression into HITMAN 3. After completing the carryover process, HITMAN 2 players will be able to start HITMAN 3 with their existing player profile, XP rank, location mastery levels, location mastery unlocks, challenge progress, challenge unlocks, and Elusive Target suits/unlocks.
Below you can find the Progression Carryover will actually word across different platforms.
- Progression can only be carried over from HITMAN 2, including progression you have from the Legacy Pack (HITMAN 1 locations within HITMAN 2).
- Progression can only be carried over from within the same platform. There are only three options:
HITMAN 2 (PlayStation) → HITMAN 3 (PlayStation)
HITMAN 2 (Xbox) → HITMAN 3 (Xbox)
HITMAN 2 (PC/Steam) → HITMAN 3 (PC/Epic)
Note: “PlayStation” = PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5.
“Xbox” = Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X.
Below are some other important points that you need to know.
- Carryover is a one-time process, it means that once you have performed a carryover for a particular platform, you will not be able to perform it again at a later time.
- If you have played Hitman 3 on multiple platforms then you can carryover your game progress for each of those profiles. For example, if you play H2 on Xbox and PlayStation, you can carryover your H2 Xbox progression into H3 Xbox and independently carryover your H2 PlayStation progress into H3 PlayStation.
- Your existing HITMAN 2 progress will remain as it is and will not be removed/deleted after the carryover process is completed.
- This point is really important for you, if you decide to perform the carryover process after started playing HITMAN 3 then all of your progression earned within HITMAN 3 will be lost up to that point. So, in this case, IO recommends you carryover progress before starting HITMAN 3.
HITMAN 3 on Stadia
All progression that players have earned in Hitman: World of Assassination (from both H1 and H2) will automatically ‘carryover’ to HITMAN 3. However, the carryover process won’t be available between Stadia and PC as both are two different platforms, and progress cannot be shared or carried over between them.
HITMAN 3 on Nintendo Switch
Since Hitman 2 hasn’t been available on Nintendo Switch as a standalone game, the progression carryover won’t be possible on Switch as well.
Hitman 3 Access Pass
Access Pass will also be available for Hitman 3 which you can buy or redeem/download to get access to locations from Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 as DLC content to play within the Hitman 3 game.
For example, if you buy the HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass DLC for HITMAN 3, you’ll get access to the locations and missions included in the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition within HITMAN 3.
If you have already purchased Hitman 1 or Hitman 2 on PS4 or Xbox platform then you will be able to redeem/download an Access Pass for no additional cost for the same platform. On console, the system will automatically detect what you already have installed for HITMAN 2 and can make the corresponding Access Pass available for no additional cost on the same store.
But, if you only have Hitman 1 then you will first need to import all of its content into HITMAN 2.
There will be different types of access pass available:
- HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass
- HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass
- HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass [DISC]
- HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass
- HITMAN 2 Expansion Access Pass
- HITMAN 3 Access Pass on PC
- HITMAN 3 Access Pass on Stadia
- HITMAN 3 Access Pass on Switch
PS VR Support
Hitman 3 will support PS VR at launch and players will be able to experience all locations in the World of Assassination trilogy in a new first-person perspective. If you own any of the previous games from the trilogy on PS4, you can also access locations from them within HITMAN 3, that’s more than 20 Hitman locations from the trilogy to enjoy in PS VR.