The second major PS5 System Software update 21.02-04.00.00 is now available to download for all PS5 owners globally. It appears that with the new update Sony has finally added the much-requested option that players can now use to disable the annoying screenshot icon that appears every time on the game screen when players take a screenshot while playing a game. PS5 Players will now see a new option as ‘Display Save Confirmation’ for screenshots.
Now, this option can be used to enable or disable the annoying screenshot confirmation icon to appear on the screen while gaming.
The latest PS5 firmware update 21.02-04.00.00 brings a variety of other enhancements to the PS5 console including 3D audio support for built-in TV speakers. Players can now also store their PS5 game on an external M.2 SSD storage.
This will enable players to store and play their PS5 games, PS4 games, and media apps directly from the external high-speed storage device and save storage on the PS5 system at the same time.
Note: in order to use M.2 SSD storage with your PS5 console. Make sure the SSD meets the minimum performance and size requirements outlined on Sony on this page.
Now, players using the PS Remote Play mobile app for iOS and Android will have the option of using a mobile data connection when WiFi is not available. This means players can now use the PS Remote Play app to access their PS5 via mobile data.
However, at least 5Mbps is required for PS Remote Play to work smoothly. For the best experience, Sony recommends a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
The new firmware update also brings a number of new PS4 Enhancements features, including the ability for players to view their PS5 trophies on their PS4 profile and Trophy list. Players can now also view other players’ PS5 trophies on PS4.
On both PS4 and PS5 consoles, Party owners can now also have the ability to disband a Party without having to remove players individually. Below we have also listed all the main features added with the latest PS5 firmware update.
PS5 System Software Update 21.02-04.00.00 Changelogs and Main Features:
- You can now insert an M.2 SSD into your PS5 console’s expansion slot and use M.2 SSD storage. Just like your PS5’s console storage, you can install PS5 and PS4 games in M.2 SSD storage and play them directly from there.
- You can use PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSDs with a capacity of 250 GB minimum and 4 TB maximum.
- To safely insert or remove your M.2 SSD, make sure your PS5 is turned off and that the AC power cord is unplugged.
- To use M.2 SSD storage, insert your M.2 SSD into your PS5’s expansion slot while your PS5 is turned off. When you turn on your PS5, you’ll format your M.2 SSD so that it’s ready to use.
- To move a PS5 or PS4 game that’s installed in console storage or USB extended storage to M.2 SSD storage, go to your game library, press the options button and then select [Move Games and Apps]. Then, select the game you want to move and then select [Move].
- To install games to M.2 SSD storage by default, go to [Settings] > [Storage] > [Installation Location], select [PS5 Games and Apps] or [PS4 Games and Apps] and then select [M.2 SSD Storage] as the installation location.
- You can now enjoy 3D audio through your TV speakers.
- To enable 3D audio for your TV speakers, go to [Settings] > [Sound] > [Audio Output] and then turn on [Enable 3D Audio for TV Speakers].
The full list of changes can be found here.
Download PS5 System Software Update 21.02-04.00.00
The latest Download PS5 System Software Update 21.02-04.00.00.42 is now available for download. To start the update, restart your PS5 system, and it will automatically start updating to the latest firmware update v21.02-04.00.00. If the download doesn’t automatically start, you can try to install the update using the PS5 firmware update file which you can download from here.