SASM stands for SAFe 5.1 Advanced Scrum Master Certification is the next step in your journey as a Scrum Master. Most courses and certifications teach you the basics of Scrum Teams and Scrum Master, however, this course is all about mastering this knowledge and leveraging it to its maximum potential. For most Scrum professionals, this is an amazing value addition to their current skill and knowledge levels.
SASM Certification allows you to develop skills to foster cross-team interaction that bolsters the delivery of the program and the inexorable improvement in a Lean business. Take advantage of the scalable techniques, DevOps, and Kanban to facilitate value and to carry out the cooperation with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the broader program and corporate contexts.
How to get the Certification:
In order to get SASM Certification, you need to follow these steps:
- Receive Training: The very first step that is mandatory in getting the certification is to learn a course. Such courses have to include 16 hours of training and coaching from a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC). These trainers have themselves experienced Scrum Masters and combine industry knowledge with the curriculum to give you the best training possible. There are no prerequisites to undergo the course and take the examination, but having some sort of preliminary Scrum Master or Product Owner certification will give you a competitive advantage.
- Give the Exam: Once the two-day training course is over, you then need to appear for the examination. You need to input the login credentials that you receive and access the exam portal. The test itself is two hours long. It has 60 questions which are MCQ based in a multi-select web-based, closed-book format. The passing marks required are to correctly answer 42 out of 60 for the SAFe 4 Scrum Master Certification and 44 out of 60 for the SAFe 5 Scrum Master Certification. You will only get your certificate if you pass the exam. The exam is difficult to refer to your course learnings and study well. If you fail the test, you can reappear for the examination after a cooldown period.
- Receive your Certificate: Finally, after you have successfully passed the exam, it will take 5-7 business days for you to get SASM Certification in the form of a PDF Certificate and Digital Badge.
Who should get the certificate?
The SASM Certification is ideal for the following kinds of individuals:
- Project and Program Managers who want to instill Agile principles in their teams.
- Scrum Masters who want to improve their knowledge of Agile and Scrum.
- Business Analysts
- Agile coaches who want to start providing course training to Scrum aspirants.
- SAFe Program Consultants who provide training courses.
- Business Consultants.
Upgrading your SAFe skills gives you the leg-up you need in order to stay on the edge. In this competitive world, if Scrum Masters fall short in their learning, they can definitely be outcompeted by their contemporaries. Hence, companies place a lot of value on professionals who have attained a SASM Certification.