Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl will receive the first major software update 1.1.0 tomorrow on November 11. According to the Pokémon BDSP 1.1.0 patch notes, the first major update adds the ability to use local and online communication features of the Grand Underground, Super Contest Show, and Union Room. Additionally, players will also be able to receive gifts using the Mystery Gift feature.
The Grand Underground is a vast subterranean world that spreads out like a maze beneath the entire Sinnoh region. With the latest Pokémon BDSP update 1.1.0 patch, players will get access to Ramanas Park. Ramanas Park is an expansive new facility where you can encounter a variety of Legendary Pokémon!
In order to play the Ramanas Park is a facility content, you will need to update to the latest Pokémon BDSP update 1.1.0.
In Ramanas Park, you will encounter a variety of Legendary Pokémon including the following.
The dev has said that, at launch, a maximum of two players—yourself included—will be able to battle and trade Pokémon in the Union Room. A software update will be released in the future to allow for additional players.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Update 1.1.0 Patch Notes (November 11, 2021)
- Addition of Grand Underground, Super Contest Show, Union Room and Mystery Gift communication features
You will be able to enjoy local and online communication features of the Grand Underground, Super Contest Show and Union Room. Additionally, you will also become able to receive gifts using the Mystery Gift feature.
- Addition of content after entering the Hall of Fame
Some content that becomes playable after entering the Hall of Fame, including Ramanas Park, will be added in the update.
- Note: even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before downloading the update, downloading it will allow you to play the additional content.
- Addition of some in-game cutscenes and animations
Some in-game cutscenes and animations will be added in the update, including the game’s ending cutscene and the title screen animation that is played when opening the software.
- Note: you can view the title screen animation by starting up the software with existing save data and with the update installed. Even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before the update is installed, you can view the ending cutscene by entering the Hall of Fame again afterwards.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.
- Regarding a planned update after release
On the release date for the software, up to two players will be able to interact in local and online play in the Union Room, and you will be able to select the “Battle”, “Trade” and “Mix Records” functions. In an update that will be made available after the software releases, the maximum number of players will be increased, and the “Greeting” and “Capsule Decoration” functions will become available.
Additionally, trading using the GWS in Jubilife City and the use of the Colosseum feature inside Pokémon Centers will also be added in a post-release update.
- In order to download the update, aroundabout 3 GB of free space is needed in your console’s system memory or on a microSD card. Verify the current amount of storage space on your Nintendo Switch console, and free up space if necessary.
- If you purchase a digital copy of either software from Nintendo eShop, the data for Ver. 1.1.0 will already be included, and there is no need for you to download the update separately.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s internet features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the console is connected to the internet, the update will download and install automatically.
- All players must be using the same version of the software to play together. Please make sure you have the same software version as the person or people you are playing with.
How to Update Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl?
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.