Elden Ring: Update 1.04 is now available to download on PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5 / Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S / Steam. This patch focuses on fixing a number of bugs and improves the stability of gameplay and adjusts balance of the game. The game is currently available on PC and consoles. You can find the full list of changes in the 1.04 patch notes below. In the meantime, players can read up on the changes that are coming in Elden Ring.
The highlights of the latest Elden Ring Update 1.04 includes the added option to turn camera auto rotate function ON/OFF. The update also some event phases for the NPC “Patches”.
Elden Ring: Update 1.04 Patch Notes
Find the full patch notes below to know mores about the changes.
Major Changes Included in the Latest Update
Additional Elements Added
- Added an option to turn camera auto rotate function ON/OFF
- Added some event phases for the NPC “Patches”
- Increased Colossal Swords/Colossal weapons attack speed and lowered their recovery time. Jump attack not included.
- Increased the two-handed attack damage of Colossal Swords/Colossal Weapons. Jump attack not included.
- Increased physical block rate and guard boost of the Colossal Sword, Colossal Weapons, Great Sword, Great Hammer, Great Axe, Great Spear, and Halberd weapon classes.
- Increased the damage of Grafted Blade Greatsword.
- Increased the damage of Devourer’s Scepter.
- Decreased the scaling of status effect build-up from spells and incantations of Albinauric Staff and Dragon Communion Seal.
- Decreased the effect of Greatshield Talisman for weapons with high block rate.
- Shortened the length of the madness afflicted animation.
- Lowered the speed of madness buildup recovery.
- Slightly increased FP and Stamina growth rate at lower levels*
- Fixed a bug where the damage of Inescapable Frenzy was affected by right hand weapon.
- Fixed a bug where the damage of the weapon arts “Carian retaliation” was increased by weapon and status, and the effect was not displayed correctly during online multiplay.
- Fixed a bug where the animation when inflicted with blood loss and frostbite was bigger than originally planned.
- Fixed a bug during character appearance change menu in which some parameter changes were sometime not reflected.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a dialog from appearing when executing “Leave” on some items.
- Fixed a bug that allowed unauthorized items to be passed to other players.
- Fixed a bug in multiplayer that prevented grace to be registered on the map if it was found just before the player is summoned.
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the mechanic of Rennala Queen Of The Full Moon fight from working properly during cooperative multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from entering the boss area after defeating Morgott, the Omen King.
- Fixed a bug that prevented “Edgar the Revenger” and “Festering Fingerprint Vyke” from invading after defeating all the bosses in Liurnia of the Lake.
- The item Tonic of Forgetfulness can now be obtained at the Volcano Manor if the player wasn’t able to obtain it due to quest progression.
- Fixed a bug that caused the reduction of runes due to NPC “Gostoc” when player died in “Stormveil Castle” to occur at an unintended timing.
- Added a protective barrier to Millicent after helping her at Miquella’s Haligtree so she cannot be unintentionally killed.
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining the reward after defeating the Dung Eater.
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from progress Diallos’ questline.
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented player from duplicating remembrance at the Walking Mausoleum.
- Fixed a bug that prevented player from inputting consecutive attacks when dual wielding thrusting sword.
- Fixed a bug that causes scythe to lose blood loss effect if poison affinity is applied to the weapon.
- Fixed a bug where the damage of the Iron Greatsword was lower than expected when an affinity is applied.
- Fixed a bug that caused FP consumption to increase when the player cast Night Comet with charge.
- Fixed a bug that causes he default key setting on keyboard for weapon skill (Left Ctrl) to not be set (on PC only).
- Fixed a bug in the Steam version where the history of players who played multiplayer was not displayed correctly under certain circumstances.
- Increased online multiplayer stability.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect sounds to be played under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused some places on the map to have incorrect visual and hitbox.
- Fixed a bug that causes some enemies to have incorrect visual and behavior.
- Fixed a bug that causes some armor to have incorrect stats.
- Text fix.
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes.
Elden Ring: Update 1.04 is a relatively small replace that focuses on fixing some bugs. The patch is less than 1GB and will affect players in all modes, including online.