World War Z Crossplay Update which was scheduled to be available on March 23 is now finally live on PC and Xbox One. Starting March 23, PC and Xbox One players will now be able to join the team as one by matchmaking from the same pool. Notably, if you are on PC or Xbox One you can find the Crossplay features in the settings. The latest crossplay update also brings a new mission objective. In every mission, players will have to loot a Virus Sample canister spawned in various locations and bring to the end of the mission.
While doing this you will have to be really quick because the longer you hold on to the Virus Sample, the more negative effects it will apply to you. Further, the World War Z Crossplay update also brings a host of balancing tweaks based on community feedback and five new weapon variants to Horde Mode Z, Missions, and Multiplayer with their unique perks.
The update also brings War Heroes DLC skin pack which can now be purchased on PS4, Xbox One, and PC for 9.99, same as the previous skin pack and as we had expected. That’s not all, Saber Interactive has also announced that there will ton of more content coming to the game including a new location, with three new missions and new characters.
Below you can find the full patch notes for the latest World War Z Crossplay Update.
World War Z Crossplay Update Patch notes
- Added Virus Sample functionality in Campaign
- AI Director will randomly spawn containers with Virus Sample that players can pick up
- Virus samples can spawn from Bombers that are taken down without them exploding.
- The containers are fragile and they will begin to apply negative effects to players as they break.
- If players will manage to finish the mission with containers intact, they will get increased rewards
- AI Director can spawn several Virus Samples, Bomber will also drop them
- Added 4 new weapon variants with unique perks
- Pistol – Increased penetration and damage vs special zombies.
- Machine Pistol – Full auto variant, reloads primary weapon after a special zombie kill.
- Classic Battle Rifle – Semi auto variant, no penetration but deals a lot of damage.
- Battle Rifle – Full auto variant.
- Thumper Grenade Launcher – Incendiary grenades.
- War Heroes character skin pack (included for Season Pass owners)
- Slightly reduced difficulty in Hard mode
- Significantly reduced difficulty in Normal mode
- Less Special Zombies will spawn in Normal mode
- Increased preparation timer between waves by 20% in Normal mode
- Supply points rewards will begin to scale down later in Normal mode
- Added significantly more random pickups in Normal mode
- Increased Auto Turret maximum ammo
- Capped by 10 the amount of Auto Turrets that could be placed simultaneously
- Fixed one of the shops not spawning items
- Reduced the amount of ammo secondary weapons drain from ammo boxes by 50%
- Reduced ammo crate cost from 100 to 70
- Significantly increased both XP and currency rewards
- Tweaked Extreme difficulty settings to restore pre-patch balance (it was changed to support crossplay)
- AI Director will spawn less secondary weapon pickups
- Reworked Bomber drop, he will spawn better Primary and Heavy weapons when killed
- Fixed several issues with perks stacking
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed issue that allowed players to clip through geometry in some places
PC Specific Fixes
- Added crossplay between Xbox in PvE
World War Z is currently available digitally and at most major retailers on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as Windows PC via the Epic Games store.