Bethesda has relaesed the latest Doom Eternal update 2 and according to its patch notes, the update adds a new map for the BATTLEMODE called Torment. DOOM Eternal update 2 further brings enhancements to DOOM Eternal’s multiplayer mode, bug fixes and optimizations to the game.
Update 2 also adds latency improvements and the ability to tailor separate, custom keybinds to each demon. This also includes Boosters Menu Improvements, Photo Mode Improvements, and more.
DOOM Eternal update 2 brings the following fixes to all platforms, including PC, PS4, Xbox One specific fixes.
Fixes for ALL Platforms
- Fixed a number of exploits in the campaign that would allow the player to climb outside the maps
- Fixed pinned Weekly Challenges. Previously, if you pinned a weekly challenge and it expired, it stayed pinned
- Fixed a number of graphical issues in the campaign where parts of the environment would temporarily pop in and out of view
- Fixed an issue on the Mission Select menu where secrets were not properly displaying as completed
- Fixed an issue where the Crucible would consume more ammunition than intended in some situations
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Party Mode cheat code from activating properly
- Fixed an issue with the Chaingun Energy Shield mod in BATTLEMODE that prevented The Slayer from taking damage from any angle while active instead of just the front
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that cause the Carcass shield to not play sound on activation
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where demon players wouldn’t hear the Arbalest charging in some situations
- Fixed a rare issue in BATTLEMODE where the Marauder’s wolf summon ability would become stuck on cooldown
- Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating the social and settings menus while the on-screen keyboard was active
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where power up pop-up text failed to display for Russian players
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE on the post-match screen in private matches
- Fixed an issue that would allow the Energy Shield mod to remain active permanently after being destroyed by a rocket barrage
- Fixed an issue that prevented Archvile players from activating the Flame Wall ability in some certain situations
Fixes for PC only
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause projectiles from the Prowler, Cacodemon, Baron of Hell and Arachnotron to remain suspended in midair
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that caused the Marauder’s dash to not play sound for other players
- Using the Super Shotgun’s flaming Meathook on shield soldiers now correctly generates armor shards
Fixes for Xbox One only
- Fixed a control lock that occurred when entering photo mode during a glory kill
Fixes for PS4 only
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the player to exit the map when rapidly melee attacking the Khan Maykr
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would causes damage indicators to persist on screen after respawning
- Fixed an issue while hosting a party that could prevent the host from chatting or queuing after suspending the title
You can find more details on the latest Doom Eternal update 2 here.