We have come to know a new iPhone glitch that keeps restarting the phone when using Snapchat. Several iPhone users have reported this issue in the past few days and if you are one of them, then you might have been looking for a possible fix for this issue on your iPhone, right?
The process below is pretty simple and should work for any apps on your iPhone that face random glitches. But, since we are talking here about the issue where iPhone keeps restarting when using Snapchat error, let’s head to the following troubleshooting methods that should fix the restarting issue on your iPhone when using Snapchat.
How to Fix iPhone Keeps Restarting When Using Snapchat Error?
The first thing you can try that could potentially fix the iPhone keeps restarting issue is updating the Snapchat to latest version. Sometimes there are serval bugs that cause these type of issue on your device, so keep updating your app to the latest version is always a good idea to save your phone and app from getting glitches or issues.
1. Update the Snapchat
To update the Snapchat on your iPhone simply follow the steps below.
- First, got to the App Store application from your iPhone.
- Now go to the updates tab from the bottom menu.
- Now, look for any update that might be available for the Snapchat app.
- If you see a new update, then click on the Update button to update Snapchat app.
- Once updated, launch Snapchat and check if you are still facing the same issue or not.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Snapchat App on iPhone
If the above method doesn’t work for you and if there is no update available for the Snapchat app then you should try the following method and see if its work for you. If there is no update available for the then you can try to uninstall the Snapchat app and re-install it it again in order to make sure there is no issue between the app version and the iOS version installed on your iPhone.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall the Snapchat App on iPhone?
- First, long press on the Snapchat app
- Now you will see an X button located in the corner of the Snapchat app
- Now, press the X button to uninstall the Snapchat app and tap on the delete button to confirm your action
- To reinstall the Snapchat, go to the app store on you iPhone
- Now, search for Snapchat and after you the app, click on the download button to download the app and install it on your iPhone
Now, go to the downloaded app and open it and see if its working fine on your phone, or if its still keeps restarting your iPhone when using Snapchat issue.
3. Clear Cache from Snapchat App
Snapchat on your iPhone saves cache files on the device that help the app run faster by loading the app data from cheche files. But, theses cache might result in creating some issue on your device. So, its always a better idea that you clear the cache from the Snapchat or other apps to make it run smoother. Clearing the cheche from Snapchat app may also fix iPhone keeps restarting issue when using the app.
You can clear the cache if you need to free up storage space on your device, or troubleshoot some issues.
To Clear Cache
- Tap ⚙️ in My Profile to open Settings
- Scroll down and tap ‘Clear Cache’
- Tap ‘Clear All’ on iOS, or tap ‘Continue’ on Android
4. Factory Reset Your iPhone
Sometimes doing factory reset of your device fixes several issues on the device. There might be some possible conflict between the apps and your iOS version. But, do note that this method will wipeout all of your apps and save files data from your iPhone. So, it is highly recommended that you take a complete backup of your files and data to a safe place.
Here is how to factory reset your iPhone
- To factory reset your iPhone 6, 6+, 6s and 6s+ press and hold the power key and the home button at the same time.
- On iPhone 7, 7 plus hold down the Volume Down button on the left side of the device and the Sleep/Wake button on the right side of the device at the same time for 10 seconds.
- Now after the screen goes dark and an Apple logo appears on the screen release the buttons and wait for your phone to restart.
- To force restart (hard reset) the iPhone 8, 8 plus press and release the Volume Up button, press and release the Volume Down button, and press and hold the Side button until your device reboots, then release
These were some of the methods that could potentially help you get rid out the iPhone keeps restarting issue when using Snapchat.