The popular hybrid console Nintendo Switch has received a new firmware update. The latest update comes with version 13.0 brings some major new changes to the Nintendo Switch. As its biggest highlight, the update now adds the ability to pair Bluetooth devices for audio output.
Yes, you can now connect or pair any of your Bluetooth-enabled audio devices such as Headphones, earbuds, speakers, and other audio devices with Nintendo Switch family systems for audio output. If you are not sure how to do it check out our guide on How to Connect or Pair Your Device With Nintendo Switch Bluetooth Audio.
However, there are some limitations too in using the new Bluetooth pair feature which is as follows.
- Bluetooth microphones are not supported.
- Up to two compatible wireless controllers can be connected to the system while using Bluetooth audio.
- Bluetooth audio cannot be used while local wireless communication is active.
- Depending on the Bluetooth audio device, there may be some audio delay.
New Nintendo Switch Update 13.0 Patch Notes
Bluetooth audio support added.
- Headphones, earbuds, speakers, and other audio devices that connect with Bluetooth can now be paired with Nintendo Switch family systems for audio output.
“Update Dock” was added under System in System Settings for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch – OLED Model systems, allowing for software updates to Nintendo Switch docks with a LAN port.
- Dock software updates are not available for Nintendo Switch docks without a LAN port.
- This feature was not added to Nintendo Switch Lite.
- For more information, see How to Update the Dock Firmware.
“Maintain Internet Connection in Sleep Mode” was added under Sleep Mode in System Settings.
- When this setting is enabled, systems with wired internet connections will maintain internet connection even while in sleep mode. This allows for software and add-on content to download to the system while the system is in sleep mode.
- The setting is enabled by default.
- When this setting is disabled, the system will connect to the internet only periodically, which decreases power consumption and delays downloads while in sleep mode.
Note: Systems that are not updated to version 13.0.0 or later behave as if this setting is enabled.
The method to initiate “Calibrate Control Sticks” in System Settings was changed.
- From System Settings, go to Controllers and Sensors, select Calibrate Control Sticks, then fully tilt the control stick in any one direction and keep it tilted for a few seconds to begin calibration.
Users can now view whether their wireless internet connection is using the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency band under “Connection Status” after selecting Internet in System Settings.
How to Update Your Nintendo Switch Console?
In order to update the Nintendo Switch console, follow the simple steps below.
Note: in most cases your Nintendo Switch console download and installed any available update automatically if it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network. But, if it doesn’t automatically update then you can trigger the manual update by following the steps below.
- Select the System Settings on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down through the System Settings menu and select System.
- Select System Update, to start the system update process.
- During the process, the system will first perform a check to determine if a new system update is available.
- If an update is available, the download process will begin automatically.